Welcome

Welcome to my blog http://www.skegley.blogspot.com/ . CAVEAT LECTOR- Let the reader beware. This is a Christian Conservative blog. It is not meant to offend anyone. Please feel free to ignore this blog, but also feel free to browse and comment on my posts! You may also scroll down to respond to any post.

For Christian American readers of this blog:


I wish to incite all Christians to rise up and take back the United States of America with all of God's manifold blessings. We want the free allowance of the Bible and prayers allowed again in schools, halls of justice, and all governing bodies. We don't seek a theocracy until Jesus returns to earth because all men are weak and power corrupts the very best of them.
We want to be a kinder and gentler people without slavery or condescension to any.

The world seems to be in a time of discontent among the populace. Christians should not fear. God is Love, shown best through Jesus Christ. God is still in control. All Glory to our Creator and to our God!


A favorite quote from my good friend, Jack Plymale, which I appreciate:

"Wars are planned by old men,in council rooms apart. They plan for greater armament, they map the battle chart, but: where sightless eyes stare out, beyond life's vanished joys, I've noticed,somehow, all the dead and mamed are hardly more than boys(Grantland Rice per our mutual friend, Sarah Rapp)."

Thanks Jack!

I must admit that I do not check authenticity of my posts. If anyone can tell me of a non-biased arbitrator, I will attempt to do so more regularly. I know of no such arbitrator for the internet.











Saturday, November 19, 2016

Jim Kegley's book too be published & Kegley Thanksgiving ... Thx brother Jim K1

On Saturday, November 19, 2016 12:00 PM, Jim Kegley <jimkeg@yahoo.com> wrote:


     Friends, Will and Barb Burke, gave me a gift recently, by recommending books they had  read, and I have already ordered, and received one of them entitled, "The Essay", written by Robin Yocum, of Westerville, Ohio, copyright 2012.  Yocum is a former reporter for the Columbus Dispatch, 1980 to 1991.
     The book is a  "tough but compassionate story about a poor teenager in southern Ohio who struggles to make good despite his harsh upbringing."  According to a publisher's blurb, a quote by another, somewhat local writer, named Donald Ray Pollock, author of, "The Devil All the time and Knockemstiff."   
     The copy I read was a loaner from the Wellston, Ohio library, which I got from the Portsmouth Public Library.  Yocum's 256-page novel, is one of those that was hard to put down for me, and I read it over two days last week.  Now I recommend the book to others, and the setting for the story is Jackson, County, Ohio.  The story is well crafted, and should be of interest to everybody who enjoys a good story, regardless of its location.

     Oh, speaking of books, I spent Wednesday of last week, visiting Barbara Keyser Gargiulo, the Portsmouth native, and owner operator of "Little Miami Publishing Company, of Milford, Ohio.  Barbara is putting together, my book; the compilation of several of my High Notes columns written over the past few years.  I have written about many of the company's books through the years, and I am happy that Barbara has agreed to publish mine.  

     It is Thanksgiving week, and the Kegley clan, is gathering at Beaver Creek, near Cincinnati, for the holiday.  Thanksgiving has always been special for the family of Forest and Mary Kegley, and I'm happy to report that six of their ten children are still living.  We, except for brother George, now of Florida, will attend. 

No comments:

Blog Definition

On Line Blog Definition
Google-Blog Definitionblog, short for web log, an online, regularly updated journal or newsletter that is readily accessible to the general public by virtue of being posted on a website.