Welcome

Welcome to my blog http://www.skegley.blogspot.com/ . CAVEAT LECTOR- Let the reader beware. This is a Christian Conservative blog. It is not meant to offend anyone. Please feel free to ignore this blog, but also feel free to browse and comment on my posts! You may also scroll down to respond to any post.

For Christian American readers of this blog:


I wish to incite all Christians to rise up and take back the United States of America with all of God's manifold blessings. We want the free allowance of the Bible and prayers allowed again in schools, halls of justice, and all governing bodies. We don't seek a theocracy until Jesus returns to earth because all men are weak and power corrupts the very best of them.
We want to be a kinder and gentler people without slavery or condescension to any.

The world seems to be in a time of discontent among the populace. Christians should not fear. God is Love, shown best through Jesus Christ. God is still in control. All Glory to our Creator and to our God!


A favorite quote from my good friend, Jack Plymale, which I appreciate:

"Wars are planned by old men,in council rooms apart. They plan for greater armament, they map the battle chart, but: where sightless eyes stare out, beyond life's vanished joys, I've noticed,somehow, all the dead and mamed are hardly more than boys(Grantland Rice per our mutual friend, Sarah Rapp)."

Thanks Jack!

I must admit that I do not check authenticity of my posts. If anyone can tell me of a non-biased arbitrator, I will attempt to do so more regularly. I know of no such arbitrator for the internet.











Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Jim Kegley HighNotes for 11/16/2017 Scioto Voice ... Thx Jim!

Sam Kegley

High Notes 11-16-2017
2 messages

Jim Kegley Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 3:30 PM
To: Scioto Voice

High Notes 11-16-2017
     I stopped at The Riverside Inn, restaurant and bar for lunch, and enjoyed one of their steak sandwiches with sliced white onion, and steak sauce.  That is a weekly treat, and on Tuesday, I couldn’t get the sandwich out of my mind, so Jim Shaw, the restaurant co-owner with his wife, Pam, was manning the grill this day.  I told him that I wanted a big slice of white onion and sauce.  
     What a good sandwich!
     Another regular sandwich treat for me, is a Pork barbecue, from the New Boston Dairy Queen.  That sandwich is good with coleslaw as a condiment.  Their barbecue is reminiscent of that of “The Liberty Café, and The Park Shoppe sandwiches”.  I remember many times eating one of The Park Shoppe 50 cent Pork sandwiches with French fries.  Um, Um, good! 
     I can remember that Thomas Nichols a member of The Portsmouth City Health
Board reportedly said that “Fergie’s Lunch, a restaurant at 233 Second Street, was so clean one could eat off of their bathroom floor!”  
     Recently, Louis Boerger, the current Health inspector told the Shaws, “If all of my places looked clean as this, I wouldn’t have a job!”
     The Shaws bought what was then known as “The Fourth Quarter”, from Mick Sturgill, and they took it back to the old name, 37-years ago.  Jim and Pam live at Forest Heights, in South Shore, Ky., and they have two kids…J. D. 33, and Sarah, 27.  They are both former banking company employees…Pam retired four-years ago, after 35-years.  She became Vice President at The Portsmouth Banking Company, and was in charge of their branch banks.  Jim worked at Bank One as a loan officer before changing careers, to become a restaurant owner.
    You would be hard-pressed to find a cleaner establishment than The Riverside.  They have a big collection (15-pieces) of colorful beer-advertising neon signs.  
     Now, all this, and I have to start thinking of Turkey with all the trimmings, during our annual Kegley Thanksgiving get together at Beaver Creek, Ohio as guests of Mickey Lundy, a State Farm Insurance agent.  A good time will be had by all!  
     Happy Holidays!

Sam Kegley Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 5:16 PM
To: Ida Kegley , Jay , Jim Kegley , Matt & Amy Huddy , Paul & Mary Kegley , Tobey Kegley , Jeff Kegley , Morgan Kegley
[Quoted text hidden]

No comments:

Blog Definition

On Line Blog Definition
Google-Blog Definitionblog, short for web log, an online, regularly updated journal or newsletter that is readily accessible to the general public by virtue of being posted on a website.