Welcome

Welcome to my blog http://www.skegley.blogspot.com/ . CAVEAT LECTOR- Let the reader beware. This is a Christian Conservative blog. It is not meant to offend anyone. Please feel free to ignore this blog, but also feel free to browse and comment on my posts! You may also scroll down to respond to any post.

For Christian American readers of this blog:


I wish to incite all Christians to rise up and take back the United States of America with all of God's manifold blessings. We want the free allowance of the Bible and prayers allowed again in schools, halls of justice, and all governing bodies. We don't seek a theocracy until Jesus returns to earth because all men are weak and power corrupts the very best of them.
We want to be a kinder and gentler people without slavery or condescension to any.

The world seems to be in a time of discontent among the populace. Christians should not fear. God is Love, shown best through Jesus Christ. God is still in control. All Glory to our Creator and to our God!


A favorite quote from my good friend, Jack Plymale, which I appreciate:

"Wars are planned by old men,in council rooms apart. They plan for greater armament, they map the battle chart, but: where sightless eyes stare out, beyond life's vanished joys, I've noticed,somehow, all the dead and mamed are hardly more than boys(Grantland Rice per our mutual friend, Sarah Rapp)."

Thanks Jack!

I must admit that I do not check authenticity of my posts. If anyone can tell me of a non-biased arbitrator, I will attempt to do so more regularly. I know of no such arbitrator for the internet.











Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Mr. o- I didn't vote for you From Tom & Carolyn Lynch

Aren't the ordinary Americans quite extraordinary, Tom & Carolyn? Thanks! Now to post it into my blog.

Sam

----- Original Message -----
From: Tom and Carolyn Lynch
To: Bill Pressler ; Kegley ; Patty LAMBERT ; Rose Lynch ; tatru@roadrunner.com
Sent: 2008-10-28 23:55
Subject: FW: Read This ("I didn't Vote for Obama")


This was sent to us, some of you are not going to like it, so read it or delete it.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: daisylace@msn.com
To: tolyn@live.com
Subject: FW: Read This ("I didn't Vote for Obama")
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 23:14:41 +0000

Send this one to Sam. Judy




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: forwarded message attached. "


--Forwarded Message Attachment--
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 14:15:51 -0700
From: bahnerdr@yahoo.com
Subject: Fw: Read This ("I didn't Vote for Obama")
To: robiandi@sbcglobal.net; adavis@zoomnet.net; billthacker@yahoo.com; bpfroggy9@msn.com; crabtreeangie@hotmail.com; halling@mchsi.com; dotdotdot1250@hotmail.com; doug@redladyrealty.com; garyeandrews@yahoo.com; jimkeg@yahoo.com; JUDY.NEWMAN@governor.ohio.gov; karen.kemp@sbcglobal.net; linda@travelersedge.org; Marjoriegbassett@aol.com; srhea5@yahoo.com



--- On Sat, 10/25/08, Kevin W.W. Johnson wrote:


From: Kevin W.W. Johnson
Subject: Read This ("I didn't Vote for Obama")
To: Undisclosed-Recipient@yahoo.com
Date: Saturday, October 25, 2008, 3:56 PM












I'm a middle-class white guy living in Jacksonville, Florida. I've
got a wife and two kids. Because the kids had no school today, I
took a vacation day from work, and took the kids downtown to vote
early. Fifty-nine minutes later, two smiling children and I
proudly sported "I Voted" stickers.
But I didn't vote for Obama.
kentuckyscott' s diary :: ::

I voted for my ancestors, who believed in the promise of this
country and came with with nothing as immigrants.
I voted for my parents, who taught in the public schools for
decades.

I voted for Steve, an acquaintance of mine from Kentucky. (Killed
by an IED two years ago in Iraq).
I voted for Shawn, another who's been to Iraq twice, and
Afghanistan once, and who'll be going back to Afghanistan again
soon -- and whose family earned eleven bucks a month too much to
qualify for food stamps when the war started.
I voted for April, the only African-American girl in my high school
-- it was years before it occurred to me how different her
experience of our school must have been.
I voted for my college friends who are Christian, Jewish, Mormon,
and yes -- Muslim.
I voted for my grandfathers, who worked hard in factories and died
too
young.
I voted for the plumber who worked on my house, because I want him
to get a REAL tax break.
I voted for four little angels from Birmingham.
I voted for a bunch of dead white men who, although personally
flawed, were willing to pledge their lives, fortunes, and sacred
honor, and used a time of great crisis to expand freedom rather
than suspend it.
I voted for all those people and more, and I voted for all of you,
too. But mostly, I voted selfishly. I vote for two little kids,
one who has ballet in an hour, and once who has baseball practice
at the same time. I voted for a world where they can be confident
that their government will represent the
best that is in this
country, and that will in turn demand the best of them. I voted
for a government that will be respected in the world. I voted for
an economy that will reward work above guile. I voted for
everything I believe in.
Sure, I filled in the circle next to the name Obama, but it wasn't
him I was voting for -- it was every single one of us, and those I
love most of all.



> "THE TIME IS ALWAYS RIGHT TO DO WHAT IS RIGHT" - Dr. Martin L. King, Jr.

No comments:

Blog Definition

On Line Blog Definition
Google-Blog Definitionblog, short for web log, an online, regularly updated journal or newsletter that is readily accessible to the general public by virtue of being posted on a website.