Welcome

Welcome to my blog http://www.skegley.blogspot.com/ . CAVEAT LECTOR- Let the reader beware. This is a Christian Conservative blog. It is not meant to offend anyone. Please feel free to ignore this blog, but also feel free to browse and comment on my posts! You may also scroll down to respond to any post.

For Christian American readers of this blog:


I wish to incite all Christians to rise up and take back the United States of America with all of God's manifold blessings. We want the free allowance of the Bible and prayers allowed again in schools, halls of justice, and all governing bodies. We don't seek a theocracy until Jesus returns to earth because all men are weak and power corrupts the very best of them.
We want to be a kinder and gentler people without slavery or condescension to any.

The world seems to be in a time of discontent among the populace. Christians should not fear. God is Love, shown best through Jesus Christ. God is still in control. All Glory to our Creator and to our God!


A favorite quote from my good friend, Jack Plymale, which I appreciate:

"Wars are planned by old men,in council rooms apart. They plan for greater armament, they map the battle chart, but: where sightless eyes stare out, beyond life's vanished joys, I've noticed,somehow, all the dead and mamed are hardly more than boys(Grantland Rice per our mutual friend, Sarah Rapp)."

Thanks Jack!

I must admit that I do not check authenticity of my posts. If anyone can tell me of a non-biased arbitrator, I will attempt to do so more regularly. I know of no such arbitrator for the internet.











Tuesday, April 7, 2009

John Calipari- Refuse to lose 1996 Forward by R Pitino

I was fortunate to pick up a copy of the book: John Calipari with Dick Weiss and forward by Rick Pitino- at the Westerville library.

Here are a few nuggets I gleaned from the book:

In 1988, when RP, part of UMass's coach search committee, was called and told they had eliminated John Calipari from consideration, he asked them to schedule a special meeting. Rick gave an ardent speech for John Calipari. "They had offered John a $63,000 package. "But", they said, "we don't have $63,000. Would you be willing to kick in $5,000?" So I did.

The book is mainly about Caliparii's coaching days at UMass. He brought them out of the cellar to many wins and into the NCAA semi-final and a close 81-74 loss to Kentucky in 1996.

At the time the book was published, John was head coach for the New Jersey Nets. In the last paragraph of the book, John says:

"When I look back at my career, my definition of success is, did I make a difference? Did I make a difference on this campus? Did I make a difference in people's lives? Are my players better off now than they were when they arrived? Have I prepared them for life? If I can answer yes to those questions, and if I have accomplished those goals, then I've had success."

Of course, John Calipari has since had nine successful seasons at Memphis. We Kentucky fans are hoping he will have that many seasons and more at UK. We hope he will hang more banners. We hope for continued success for Coach Calipari.

No comments:

Blog Definition

On Line Blog Definition
Google-Blog Definitionblog, short for web log, an online, regularly updated journal or newsletter that is readily accessible to the general public by virtue of being posted on a website.