Welcome

Welcome to my blog http://www.skegley.blogspot.com/ . CAVEAT LECTOR- Let the reader beware. This is a Christian Conservative blog. It is not meant to offend anyone. Please feel free to ignore this blog, but also feel free to browse and comment on my posts! You may also scroll down to respond to any post.

For Christian American readers of this blog:


I wish to incite all Christians to rise up and take back the United States of America with all of God's manifold blessings. We want the free allowance of the Bible and prayers allowed again in schools, halls of justice, and all governing bodies. We don't seek a theocracy until Jesus returns to earth because all men are weak and power corrupts the very best of them.
We want to be a kinder and gentler people without slavery or condescension to any.

The world seems to be in a time of discontent among the populace. Christians should not fear. God is Love, shown best through Jesus Christ. God is still in control. All Glory to our Creator and to our God!


A favorite quote from my good friend, Jack Plymale, which I appreciate:

"Wars are planned by old men,in council rooms apart. They plan for greater armament, they map the battle chart, but: where sightless eyes stare out, beyond life's vanished joys, I've noticed,somehow, all the dead and mamed are hardly more than boys(Grantland Rice per our mutual friend, Sarah Rapp)."

Thanks Jack!

I must admit that I do not check authenticity of my posts. If anyone can tell me of a non-biased arbitrator, I will attempt to do so more regularly. I know of no such arbitrator for the internet.











Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Our son Jeff's Morgan is a cheerleader!

While Jay's daughters appear destined to be sportsgirls, Jeff's Morgan is a beauty who, at 14 now, has had at least seven years of dance classes and national competition.  Morgan has cheered for Genoa Middle School football the last two years and is earnestly trying and hoping to continue cheering at Westerville Central High School.  All of the granddaughters had early gymnastic training and Morgan is pursuing gymnastics still for the athleticism cheerleading requires.  Kate Martin writes about the University of Kentucky's fabulously successful cheerleading squad in the following:

Kate’s Take: The Leaders of the Cheers


by Katie Martin @ 8:00 pm. Filed under Blue Blooded Opinions





While we await the news of the draft lottery, I thought I’d give a little shout-out to a different Big Blue Team.



Back in the day, (Side note: My husband, who is quite a bit older than me, always complains about people in their twenties using the phrase “Back in the day”, as in “Back in the day, people didn’t have MP3 players or texting, we had to deal with bulky CD players and AOL instant messaging”.) Anyway, back in the day I had one dream and that was to be a cheerleader. I’m sure girls nowadays have dreams like being policemen (people?) or firefighters or reality TV stars, but most girls I grew up with in the 80s had basically two dreams in mind: to be a princess or to be a cheerleader. And to be “head cheerleader” ala Kelly Kapowski would be, like, completely amazingly awesome!



Alas, I grew up and realized that cheerleading required a flexibility and vocal stamina that I would never reach. Still, I find myself watching the squad at lulls in the game (probably not for the same reasons you boys are watching them) and admiring their spirit, enthusiasm, and perceived ultimate popularity. Cheerleading will never go out of style.



We’re pretty spoiled as UK fans with our cheerleading squad. Take a look at these stats:



18 National Championships

Only team to win back to back championships three times (’87 and ‘88, ‘95 and ‘96, and ‘08, ‘09′10)

Only squad ever to win 3 championships in a row

Only squad ever to win 4 championships in a row

Only squad ever to win 5 championships in a row (seeing a trend?)

Only squad every to win 6, 7, and 8 in a row

Has been featured on the “CBS Morning Show”, “Southern Living”, “Seventeen” and “Gentleman’s Quarterly”



Not only that, but they have endured the wrath of Joakim Noah, watched Mr. Two Bits steal their cheer, and survived unscathed through the Gillispie experiment. I’m not sure many other squads would be able to beat those stats alone.



I joke around, but I think we all realize how valuable the team is to “The Team”. I’ve been friends with a lot of the girls on the squad over the past couple years and I can honestly say they work as hard as anyone on the court (except maybe Cal himself) promoting the brand and representing the University. And though they’re often seen as side-notes to the real action at the games, they do their job of getting the crowd pumped up and creating a home court advantage at Rupp unrivaled anywhere else.



[Comments (18)] [link]

No comments:

Blog Definition

On Line Blog Definition
Google-Blog Definitionblog, short for web log, an online, regularly updated journal or newsletter that is readily accessible to the general public by virtue of being posted on a website.