Welcome

Welcome to my blog http://www.skegley.blogspot.com/ . CAVEAT LECTOR- Let the reader beware. This is a Christian Conservative blog. It is not meant to offend anyone. Please feel free to ignore this blog, but also feel free to browse and comment on my posts! You may also scroll down to respond to any post.

For Christian American readers of this blog:


I wish to incite all Christians to rise up and take back the United States of America with all of God's manifold blessings. We want the free allowance of the Bible and prayers allowed again in schools, halls of justice, and all governing bodies. We don't seek a theocracy until Jesus returns to earth because all men are weak and power corrupts the very best of them.
We want to be a kinder and gentler people without slavery or condescension to any.

The world seems to be in a time of discontent among the populace. Christians should not fear. God is Love, shown best through Jesus Christ. God is still in control. All Glory to our Creator and to our God!


A favorite quote from my good friend, Jack Plymale, which I appreciate:

"Wars are planned by old men,in council rooms apart. They plan for greater armament, they map the battle chart, but: where sightless eyes stare out, beyond life's vanished joys, I've noticed,somehow, all the dead and mamed are hardly more than boys(Grantland Rice per our mutual friend, Sarah Rapp)."

Thanks Jack!

I must admit that I do not check authenticity of my posts. If anyone can tell me of a non-biased arbitrator, I will attempt to do so more regularly. I know of no such arbitrator for the internet.











Wednesday, June 30, 2010

WCN- Will we hate Coach Cal if he ever leaves UK?

#54 Today, 09:58 AM


SamKat

Junior Join Date: Jan 2006

Location: Westerville, Ohio, USA

Posts: 2,312



Good questions to ask ourselves as UK basketball fans, RockyBlue. I am very much addicted to shadenfreude as a UK basketball fan. I believe sincere fans are just that way.



I do not hate any of our departed coaches. RP did the most dispicable act in going to a rival program even though he wanted back in Kentucky where fans truly love college basketball. He added to our disrespect by making many inflammatory statements againt UK after that, but I can still forgive him as a Christian even with all my hypocrisy.



I have always respected Coach Hall, during and after his very successful career at UK, and I am proud that I can call him a good friend- lucky me. Eddie relished the UK job. Another good friend, Gene DeFilipo, told me that Eddie Sutton would never let his team think they would not win a game even to the last millisecond. I loved that. Tubby is such a good man, but he let us down time and time again even though he always promised to play faster. Gillispie was too much into his single life and the money, and languishing by us fans. Billy quit on the sidelines especially in trying to hold down Jodie Meeks. I still respect Billy and pray often for him.



I don't see why Memphis or UK fans should ever hate Coach Cal. He has been honest with us up to the point when he may leave. But we must admit we have the greatest college coach in the land and he has brought more respect for our basketball program. Knowledgable Basketball adminstrators will naturally covet our coach.



In my haste into a busy day ahead, I have not read all of the posts on this thread, but I certainly intend to.



Thanks again, RockyBlue!





SamKat

No comments:

Blog Definition

On Line Blog Definition
Google-Blog Definitionblog, short for web log, an online, regularly updated journal or newsletter that is readily accessible to the general public by virtue of being posted on a website.