Welcome

Welcome to my blog http://www.skegley.blogspot.com/ . CAVEAT LECTOR- Let the reader beware. This is a Christian Conservative blog. It is not meant to offend anyone. Please feel free to ignore this blog, but also feel free to browse and comment on my posts! You may also scroll down to respond to any post.

For Christian American readers of this blog:


I wish to incite all Christians to rise up and take back the United States of America with all of God's manifold blessings. We want the free allowance of the Bible and prayers allowed again in schools, halls of justice, and all governing bodies. We don't seek a theocracy until Jesus returns to earth because all men are weak and power corrupts the very best of them.
We want to be a kinder and gentler people without slavery or condescension to any.

The world seems to be in a time of discontent among the populace. Christians should not fear. God is Love, shown best through Jesus Christ. God is still in control. All Glory to our Creator and to our God!


A favorite quote from my good friend, Jack Plymale, which I appreciate:

"Wars are planned by old men,in council rooms apart. They plan for greater armament, they map the battle chart, but: where sightless eyes stare out, beyond life's vanished joys, I've noticed,somehow, all the dead and mamed are hardly more than boys(Grantland Rice per our mutual friend, Sarah Rapp)."

Thanks Jack!

I must admit that I do not check authenticity of my posts. If anyone can tell me of a non-biased arbitrator, I will attempt to do so more regularly. I know of no such arbitrator for the internet.











Thursday, August 5, 2010

It's been a rough year ... Thanbks Judi Cole!

It's been a rough year!!!!!!!!!!!







It was a tough year, but so far, I’ve made it !!!





But not everyone is as lucky as I am......



The economy is so bad that I got a pre-declined credit card in the mail



I ordered a burger at McDonald's, and the kid behind the counter asked, "Can you afford fries with that?"



CEO's are now playing miniature golf.



If the bank returns your check marked "Insufficient Funds," you have to call them and ask if they mean you or them .



Hot Wheels and Matchbox stocks are trading higher than GM.



McDonald's is selling the 1/4 'ouncer'.



Parents in Beverly Hills and Malibu are firing their nannies and learning their children's names.



A truckload of Americans was caught sneaking into Mexico .



Dick Cheney took his stockbroker hunting.



Motel Six won't leave the light on anymore.



The Mafia is laying off judges.



BP Oil laid off 25 Congressmen.



Congress says they are looking into the Bernard Madoff scandal. Oh Great!! The guy who made $50 Billion disappear is being investigated by the people who made $1.5 Trillion disappear !



And, finally...



I was so depressed last night thinking about the economy, wars, jobs, my savings, Social Security, retirement funds, and our bleak future, that I called the Suicide Lifeline and was connected to a call center in Pakistan . When I told them I was suicidal, they got all excited, and asked if I could drive a truck.

No comments:

Blog Definition

On Line Blog Definition
Google-Blog Definitionblog, short for web log, an online, regularly updated journal or newsletter that is readily accessible to the general public by virtue of being posted on a website.