Welcome

Welcome to my blog http://www.skegley.blogspot.com/ . CAVEAT LECTOR- Let the reader beware. This is a Christian Conservative blog. It is not meant to offend anyone. Please feel free to ignore this blog, but also feel free to browse and comment on my posts! You may also scroll down to respond to any post.

For Christian American readers of this blog:


I wish to incite all Christians to rise up and take back the United States of America with all of God's manifold blessings. We want the free allowance of the Bible and prayers allowed again in schools, halls of justice, and all governing bodies. We don't seek a theocracy until Jesus returns to earth because all men are weak and power corrupts the very best of them.
We want to be a kinder and gentler people without slavery or condescension to any.

The world seems to be in a time of discontent among the populace. Christians should not fear. God is Love, shown best through Jesus Christ. God is still in control. All Glory to our Creator and to our God!


A favorite quote from my good friend, Jack Plymale, which I appreciate:

"Wars are planned by old men,in council rooms apart. They plan for greater armament, they map the battle chart, but: where sightless eyes stare out, beyond life's vanished joys, I've noticed,somehow, all the dead and mamed are hardly more than boys(Grantland Rice per our mutual friend, Sarah Rapp)."

Thanks Jack!

I must admit that I do not check authenticity of my posts. If anyone can tell me of a non-biased arbitrator, I will attempt to do so more regularly. I know of no such arbitrator for the internet.











Thursday, September 23, 2010

My youngest brother, Paul and his wife Mary and grandson Ethan- A great favor appreciated!

My brother Paul is so good.




Paul recently turned 66 on August 31. He and Mary came up yesterday. Paul brought up his farm jack, post hole digger, tamper, and a few other tools. I helped as a laborer, as Paul removed a gate post with the farm jack. It was neat as he wrapped a chain around the post a couple of times and latched the chain to the platen for the jack. As we pumped the jack handle the post rose up out of the ground as was intended. Paul proceeded to measure and sight the post at the back edge of the house and we then removed the chain wire and the remaining posts. It was a hot (>90 degree day) and my brother worked up a good sweat.



My sisters Sharon and Sandy, along with Sharon's friend, Mike, joined us for an early afternoon dinner at Home Town Buffet on Morse Road.



Mary shared a letter from Ethan's teacher which explained that the youngster (five now), took a standardized test for his age group and scored a perfect 50, whereas 17 was the average score and no others had a score close to perfect as Ethan did.



We each love Ethan and consider him special, even without the brightness he is exhibiting. Be sure Ethan knows he is making us very proud Paul and Mary! Paul and Mary are raising the youngster in their home. The family enjoyed a nice visit during a wicked storm outside the restraurant. Mary fits right in with the Kegleys as she also is from a large family and has a great sense of humor. Similarly Mike fit in as it was the first time Paul, Mary, Jeanie and I had met him.



Paul is an even-tempered gentleman farmer on the west side of Portsmouth. He helped me out with this gracious gesture and Jeanie and I certainly appreciate it.



With so much gratitude!



Sam & Jeanette

No comments:

Blog Definition

On Line Blog Definition
Google-Blog Definitionblog, short for web log, an online, regularly updated journal or newsletter that is readily accessible to the general public by virtue of being posted on a website.