Welcome

Welcome to my blog http://www.skegley.blogspot.com/ . CAVEAT LECTOR- Let the reader beware. This is a Christian Conservative blog. It is not meant to offend anyone. Please feel free to ignore this blog, but also feel free to browse and comment on my posts! You may also scroll down to respond to any post.

For Christian American readers of this blog:


I wish to incite all Christians to rise up and take back the United States of America with all of God's manifold blessings. We want the free allowance of the Bible and prayers allowed again in schools, halls of justice, and all governing bodies. We don't seek a theocracy until Jesus returns to earth because all men are weak and power corrupts the very best of them.
We want to be a kinder and gentler people without slavery or condescension to any.

The world seems to be in a time of discontent among the populace. Christians should not fear. God is Love, shown best through Jesus Christ. God is still in control. All Glory to our Creator and to our God!


A favorite quote from my good friend, Jack Plymale, which I appreciate:

"Wars are planned by old men,in council rooms apart. They plan for greater armament, they map the battle chart, but: where sightless eyes stare out, beyond life's vanished joys, I've noticed,somehow, all the dead and mamed are hardly more than boys(Grantland Rice per our mutual friend, Sarah Rapp)."

Thanks Jack!

I must admit that I do not check authenticity of my posts. If anyone can tell me of a non-biased arbitrator, I will attempt to do so more regularly. I know of no such arbitrator for the internet.











Friday, December 31, 2010

Costa Rica from Old Trojan football warrior Jack Plymale

Jack Plymale regarding his home in Costa Rica

December 30, 2010
Sam, almost all of my friends in Portsmouth have died or moved elsewhere. You are perfectly welcome to use anything I might say. No offended people will come here to take me to task, or if they do I am familiar with the territory. Happy New Year to You and your New Boston lady. Jack P.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: skegley@columbus.rr.com
Subject: Re: Costa Rica
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 20:56:22 -0500


What of this may I share on my blog, Jack? I think Portsmouth people love your messages.

Sam

From: Jack Plymale
To: Sam Kegley
Sent: Thursday, December 30, 2010 18:53
Subject: RE: Costa Rica


Sam, I have no plans at all to sell out and return on a permanent basis, The practicalities of the 84th birthday in the year that begins next saturday could at any time determine a change in plans but it would not be by choice. I am quite content up here and would never leave permanently unless I had no alternative. Sam, while I occasionally do relieve my kidneys from an obscure back porch. I do have indoor plumbing. Jack P.

Subject: Re: Costa Rica
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 05:07:39 -0500
Sam, I've been out in the yard pinching buds off my Colias/Coleas. I could have used your help and you would have enjoyed it. It's 76 degrees right now. I didn't want Santa Claus to feel like he had to stop and do the job. Jack P

Jack P.



December 26, 2010
Thanks Jack!

Please forgive my nosiness. I gather that you are selling out in CR and moving back to FL for good. Is that so?

Do I also assume that the 400 square foot hut is without indoor plumbing? What must you do on those cold (70 degree nights) when nature calls? I am sharing this with Sarah DuPuy Rapp but no other until you ok an entry into my blog.
Sam
From: Jack Plymale
To: Sam Kegley
Sent: Sunday, December 26, 2010 22:00
Subject: Costa Rica


Sam, I came here, the first time, 30 to 35 years ago to help a group of friends appraise some real estate they had bought. I had no real guidelines for an appraisal, and the normal standards used weren't even applicable. I immediately loved the place but that was personal whimsey and I couldn't even kick a cat on that basis. Later some other friends in the citrus business had joined to plant some Macadamia grove here and was having some problems with their overseer( North american from Florida). He was giving it to them pretty good. Anyway about this time I decided to retire and Costa Rica seemed a better place than most to do it. I have never been able to move here completely because of a service connected disability that requires me to return to Fla. and the VA hospital every three to six months. I built me a little hermits hut(20' x 20') on the side of a peaceful mountain in a more peaceful settlement called Alegria( happiness) and here, I presently, find myself. With ,no misadventure I'll be here until the 28th of Feb, at which time I'll retun to Ft. Pierce and the VA hospital in W. Palm Beach for a blood letting on 3-1-11, Then an examination on 3-7-11. From there the only entity who knows doesn't talk to me. He treats me far,far better than I deserve,and I thank him regularly for his good grace, but he doesn't talk to me.If you've got any specific questions about Costa Rica and my life style. Just ask.When I leave here I sell my computer to some student for about 200 dollars cheaper than they pay here. Have actually been losing the sales tax. I have bought four new computers this year.I hope I'll run out of customers with this one.

No comments:

Blog Definition

On Line Blog Definition
Google-Blog Definitionblog, short for web log, an online, regularly updated journal or newsletter that is readily accessible to the general public by virtue of being posted on a website.