Welcome

Welcome to my blog http://www.skegley.blogspot.com/ . CAVEAT LECTOR- Let the reader beware. This is a Christian Conservative blog. It is not meant to offend anyone. Please feel free to ignore this blog, but also feel free to browse and comment on my posts! You may also scroll down to respond to any post.

For Christian American readers of this blog:


I wish to incite all Christians to rise up and take back the United States of America with all of God's manifold blessings. We want the free allowance of the Bible and prayers allowed again in schools, halls of justice, and all governing bodies. We don't seek a theocracy until Jesus returns to earth because all men are weak and power corrupts the very best of them.
We want to be a kinder and gentler people without slavery or condescension to any.

The world seems to be in a time of discontent among the populace. Christians should not fear. God is Love, shown best through Jesus Christ. God is still in control. All Glory to our Creator and to our God!


A favorite quote from my good friend, Jack Plymale, which I appreciate:

"Wars are planned by old men,in council rooms apart. They plan for greater armament, they map the battle chart, but: where sightless eyes stare out, beyond life's vanished joys, I've noticed,somehow, all the dead and mamed are hardly more than boys(Grantland Rice per our mutual friend, Sarah Rapp)."

Thanks Jack!

I must admit that I do not check authenticity of my posts. If anyone can tell me of a non-biased arbitrator, I will attempt to do so more regularly. I know of no such arbitrator for the internet.











Monday, March 28, 2011

Deal- Thanks Tom & Carolyn Lynch!

The Hair Cut


Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 20:44:57 -0400





























A teenage boy had just passed his driving test and inquired of his

father as to when they could discuss his use of the car.





His father said he'd make a deal with his son, "You bring your grades up

from a C to a B average, study your Bible a little, and get your hair

cut. Then we'll talk about the car."





The boy thought about that for a moment, decided he'd settle for the

offer, and they agreed on it.





After about six weeks his father said, "Son, you've brought your grades

up and I've observed that you have been studying your Bible, but I'm

disappointed you haven't had your hair cut."





The boy said, "You know, Dad, I've been thinking about that, and I've

noticed in my studies of the Bible that Samson had long hair, John the

Baptist had long hair, Moses had long hair, and there's even strong

evidence that Jesus had long hair."





(You're going to love the Dad's reply!)





"Did you also notice they all walked everywhere they went?"

No comments:

Blog Definition

On Line Blog Definition
Google-Blog Definitionblog, short for web log, an online, regularly updated journal or newsletter that is readily accessible to the general public by virtue of being posted on a website.