Welcome

Welcome to my blog http://www.skegley.blogspot.com/ . CAVEAT LECTOR- Let the reader beware. This is a Christian Conservative blog. It is not meant to offend anyone. Please feel free to ignore this blog, but also feel free to browse and comment on my posts! You may also scroll down to respond to any post.

For Christian American readers of this blog:


I wish to incite all Christians to rise up and take back the United States of America with all of God's manifold blessings. We want the free allowance of the Bible and prayers allowed again in schools, halls of justice, and all governing bodies. We don't seek a theocracy until Jesus returns to earth because all men are weak and power corrupts the very best of them.
We want to be a kinder and gentler people without slavery or condescension to any.

The world seems to be in a time of discontent among the populace. Christians should not fear. God is Love, shown best through Jesus Christ. God is still in control. All Glory to our Creator and to our God!


A favorite quote from my good friend, Jack Plymale, which I appreciate:

"Wars are planned by old men,in council rooms apart. They plan for greater armament, they map the battle chart, but: where sightless eyes stare out, beyond life's vanished joys, I've noticed,somehow, all the dead and mamed are hardly more than boys(Grantland Rice per our mutual friend, Sarah Rapp)."

Thanks Jack!

I must admit that I do not check authenticity of my posts. If anyone can tell me of a non-biased arbitrator, I will attempt to do so more regularly. I know of no such arbitrator for the internet.











Thursday, May 19, 2011

Heart problems for a 66 year old friend, Dan Baird

Sam,




I'm glad to hear you've go a clean bill of health from your doctor.

You have always appeared healthy to me.

I'm glad to be home and I'm feeling fine.



Dan





----- Original Message -----

From: Sam Kegley

To: Baird, Dan g

Cc: Jay Kegley ; Jeff Kegley

Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2011 4:57 AM

Subject: Re: About my heart attack . chest pain was not the first symptom and I never heard about the others





Interesting, Dan! I'm so glad you got the stint. The heart medics can do wonderful things to keep our hearts working.



I had my initial four by-pass operation in 1985 before meeting you at DSCC in 1987. My symptom was "shortness of breath" while cutting the grass or even walking across a field to a softball game. My cardiologists have followed me closely since and I had a four bypass of the initial bypasses again in 2005. I recently had a stress test and a thorough checkup and all appears well. I am forwarding this to my sons and will include it in my blog if you do not object. I am 78 and Dan is about ten years younger.



Sam









From: DBaird

Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2011 14:42

To: Baird, Dan g

Subject: About my heart attack . chest pain was not the first symptom and I never heard about the others





I hurt my knee about a year ago, I fought through the pain, it quit hurting unless I got down on my knee. The area of my knee that hurt was about the size of the palm of my hand, when I put cream on it the skin felt almost dead. So since it didn't hurt I forgot about it until I put direct pressure on the exact spot.

I had no chest pains.

Next symptom was pain in my right shoulder, this only bothered me when I tried to sleep on my right side.

I had no chest pains.

Next symptom was pain in my left shoulder, this only bothered me when I tried to sleep on my left side.

Next thing was on May 8th 2011, I went to a cook out and had brats, then at 2 AM I had chest pain but thought it was gas. I got dressed and told the wife I thought I should go to the emergency room. then I vomited, 90% of the pain was gone and I was certain it was gas. I checked with Google and it seems that many people confuse gas with heart problems. I slept fine but decided to see my doctor the next morning. After an EKG, blood work and chest xray I was scheduled to have a stress test in two weeks. A week later I mowed the lawn. I was stressed and breathing hard.

The wife called 911 and I never saw the squad. They revived me 4 times with the paddles. The doctor at the hospital removed the 100% blockage in the main artery to my heart and put a stint in to keep the vain open.



I was released after 4 days and I feel great. I am following my doctors orders to the letter as some of my friends already are.



My knee no longer hurts and I can now sleep on either side with no pain and I have no chest pain.



I may be the only person on earth with all these symptoms or warnings, IF I had thought they were symptoms... which I just blew off as pain old people sometimes get.

IF I had insisted that two weeks was too long to wait for a stress test.



As I left the hospital I was told that if I have more chest pains DO NOT try to drive your self to the emergency room, The squad can save your life. They saved mine along with the Lords help.



This was my experience and who knows, just maybe someone else will benefit from reading this.



Dan

No comments:

Blog Definition

On Line Blog Definition
Google-Blog Definitionblog, short for web log, an online, regularly updated journal or newsletter that is readily accessible to the general public by virtue of being posted on a website.