Welcome

Welcome to my blog http://www.skegley.blogspot.com/ . CAVEAT LECTOR- Let the reader beware. This is a Christian Conservative blog. It is not meant to offend anyone. Please feel free to ignore this blog, but also feel free to browse and comment on my posts! You may also scroll down to respond to any post.

For Christian American readers of this blog:


I wish to incite all Christians to rise up and take back the United States of America with all of God's manifold blessings. We want the free allowance of the Bible and prayers allowed again in schools, halls of justice, and all governing bodies. We don't seek a theocracy until Jesus returns to earth because all men are weak and power corrupts the very best of them.
We want to be a kinder and gentler people without slavery or condescension to any.

The world seems to be in a time of discontent among the populace. Christians should not fear. God is Love, shown best through Jesus Christ. God is still in control. All Glory to our Creator and to our God!


A favorite quote from my good friend, Jack Plymale, which I appreciate:

"Wars are planned by old men,in council rooms apart. They plan for greater armament, they map the battle chart, but: where sightless eyes stare out, beyond life's vanished joys, I've noticed,somehow, all the dead and mamed are hardly more than boys(Grantland Rice per our mutual friend, Sarah Rapp)."

Thanks Jack!

I must admit that I do not check authenticity of my posts. If anyone can tell me of a non-biased arbitrator, I will attempt to do so more regularly. I know of no such arbitrator for the internet.











Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Lea Duschinski fell but getting better... Thanks Jim Kegley!

To all,

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I'm sorry to report that Lea Duschinski fell at her Forest Heights Portsmouth home Monday evening, while sweeping her sidewalk, and according to her niece, Mary Saltsman, "shattered her left elbow, and cracked her head". The good news is, they did all the proper tests, and found no serious damage to her head. They surgically repaired her elbow on Tuesday afternoon, and had to add "a plate and eight screws", Mary reported. Lea is a HUGH Cincinnati Reds fan, and she and I celebrate wins, and commiserate defeats, whenever we talk.

Tuesday evening, I tried to telephone Lea to talk about the Reds' 6-3 victory over the Phillies, to break a slide of six losses, and got no answer. It was after 10 p.m., so I was surprised when Lea didn't answer her phone. I tried again a few minutes later, and let it ring for 20 or 30 times, still no Lea. I then called Violet (Vie) Gantz, her regular Thursday eveniing dinner partner, and Vie didn't know why she was not answering. I then called Mary Saltsman, and she told me the bad news. It is bad news, but it is not as bad as it could have been.

Mary speculated that she will be in a long recovery with her arm, but said Lea is right handed, so she will be able to write, etc.

Lea was secretary to several principals at Portsmouth High School, even though she is a graduate of Central Catholic, Lea has the singular distinction of being a fixture at summer PHS class reunions, because of her popularity, and ready wit. Lea has been retired longer than most people work one job. She is a virtual history book of information regarding the forties, fifties, sixties and seventies, as relates to Portsmouth High School, and stays in touch with many of her friends.

She is madly in love with Joey Votto, the first baseman of the Reds. I know she is happy for Votto's double off the wall in Tuesday's victory.

Go Reds!

Go Lea!

Get well quickly!

Lea's address is: Lea Duschinski

3201 South Taylor Court

Portsmouth, Ohio 45662



Keg

No comments:

Blog Definition

On Line Blog Definition
Google-Blog Definitionblog, short for web log, an online, regularly updated journal or newsletter that is readily accessible to the general public by virtue of being posted on a website.