Welcome

Welcome to my blog http://www.skegley.blogspot.com/ . CAVEAT LECTOR- Let the reader beware. This is a Christian Conservative blog. It is not meant to offend anyone. Please feel free to ignore this blog, but also feel free to browse and comment on my posts! You may also scroll down to respond to any post.

For Christian American readers of this blog:


I wish to incite all Christians to rise up and take back the United States of America with all of God's manifold blessings. We want the free allowance of the Bible and prayers allowed again in schools, halls of justice, and all governing bodies. We don't seek a theocracy until Jesus returns to earth because all men are weak and power corrupts the very best of them.
We want to be a kinder and gentler people without slavery or condescension to any.

The world seems to be in a time of discontent among the populace. Christians should not fear. God is Love, shown best through Jesus Christ. God is still in control. All Glory to our Creator and to our God!


A favorite quote from my good friend, Jack Plymale, which I appreciate:

"Wars are planned by old men,in council rooms apart. They plan for greater armament, they map the battle chart, but: where sightless eyes stare out, beyond life's vanished joys, I've noticed,somehow, all the dead and mamed are hardly more than boys(Grantland Rice per our mutual friend, Sarah Rapp)."

Thanks Jack!

I must admit that I do not check authenticity of my posts. If anyone can tell me of a non-biased arbitrator, I will attempt to do so more regularly. I know of no such arbitrator for the internet.











Sunday, October 16, 2011

I back! Our little granddaughter, Tobey and my computer outage

I Back!

Once again I must apologize for my computer outage since Friday morning.  When she was just able to talk, Tobey would say "I be Back" as she would leave a room and proudly announce "I Back!" as she returned.

Well, I back!

I always aplauded the excellent preventative maintenance of orgainizations I worked with.  It is so easy to get so busy with the work one is doing and forget to do the little things of preventive maintenance.  I don't welcome Jeanie, with her form first efforts, to invade my small office because of my function first efforts. 

It cost me dearly this week.  A few weeks ago, I got a terrible hint that Hilda III, this computer Jeanie lets me spend so much time with, was seriously sick.  It was slow, but had no viruses according to my Microsoft Security System.  I hit start and restart and it reacted nearly not at all, although it did come up with its  "Gateway" name and the Pentium 4 logo in the corner.  It would go no farther. 

A couple of days later, I was shuffling around in my office and I looked up and, as if a miracle, my desktop with the myriad icons were there on my monitor.  I used this girl happily until Thursday night when similar circumstances occurred and I cautiously tried again to restart.  The same stall after Gateway appeared occurred.  I called Shawn Baird and he picked up my PC Friday morning. 

He returned the sick girl after yesterday's OSU game and it is now working fine.
The main problem appeared to be the accumulation of dust inside the PC cabinet.  After Shawn, my guru,  cleaned it up and removed some programs, which appeared to be heavy draws on the CPU usage, Jeanie's competition, Hilda III, is back!

I don't know if anybody cares to be without my dribble for a while, but I know that I missed Hilda.  I enjoy welcoming the email contributors and passing on the Conservative Christian values to my SamKat blog and corresponding with my fellow University of Kentucky fans.

Thanks Shawn!  You earned your money and Hilda is working fine now.

Sam

No comments:

Blog Definition

On Line Blog Definition
Google-Blog Definitionblog, short for web log, an online, regularly updated journal or newsletter that is readily accessible to the general public by virtue of being posted on a website.