Welcome

Welcome to my blog http://www.skegley.blogspot.com/ . CAVEAT LECTOR- Let the reader beware. This is a Christian Conservative blog. It is not meant to offend anyone. Please feel free to ignore this blog, but also feel free to browse and comment on my posts! You may also scroll down to respond to any post.

For Christian American readers of this blog:


I wish to incite all Christians to rise up and take back the United States of America with all of God's manifold blessings. We want the free allowance of the Bible and prayers allowed again in schools, halls of justice, and all governing bodies. We don't seek a theocracy until Jesus returns to earth because all men are weak and power corrupts the very best of them.
We want to be a kinder and gentler people without slavery or condescension to any.

The world seems to be in a time of discontent among the populace. Christians should not fear. God is Love, shown best through Jesus Christ. God is still in control. All Glory to our Creator and to our God!


A favorite quote from my good friend, Jack Plymale, which I appreciate:

"Wars are planned by old men,in council rooms apart. They plan for greater armament, they map the battle chart, but: where sightless eyes stare out, beyond life's vanished joys, I've noticed,somehow, all the dead and mamed are hardly more than boys(Grantland Rice per our mutual friend, Sarah Rapp)."

Thanks Jack!

I must admit that I do not check authenticity of my posts. If anyone can tell me of a non-biased arbitrator, I will attempt to do so more regularly. I know of no such arbitrator for the internet.











Friday, February 24, 2012

Afghanistan- Dawood Kahn- Not for the faint of heart


DAWOOD KHAN'S BLOG

Christianity and the Message of Christ

In thinking out loud on February 24, 2012 at 10:41 pm

Justinian (The Messiah) and Theodora (The Virgin) ~ The Creators of Roman Christianity
I believe that Jesus would gaze disapprovingly upon most of the Christians of this age.
I have my beliefs and am satisfied with them. For me, organized religion, worship of “holy” books such as the Bible or the Qu’ran, the post-Constantin Roman Christian concentration on the physical person of Christ rather than the message of Christ, the belief that Faith alone will get you to heaven and the stubborn clinging to a belief in a “Loving God” who condemns souls to hell will keep me away from what now passes for Christianity.
I believe in Christ as prophet of the Gods. For me, it is enough that he was a messenger who brought a message of Faith, Hope and Love to mankind. I do not need to sit in a church pew and moan ad nauseum how much I “LOOOOOVE JeeZus!” like some heifer in spiritual heat.  It is not what one believes but how one incorporates ones beliefs into ones life that is important.
I know far too many Christians who talk a great game and then fall back on the Original Sin hoax stating that we are all sinners as an excuse for turning a blind eye to and doing nothing about the evils in this world.
Too many believe that as long as they believe in Jesus and accept him into their hearts as their savior that they are going to heaven. I believe that it is impossible to accept Jesus without accepting his message. The Ministry of Jesus was about work. The work of loving the world. The work of loving your neighbor. The work of accepting and not judging.
Each Christian vote for acts such as the Sanctity of Marriage Amendment is a repudiation of the message of Christ. Each Christian vote against the poor is a repudiation of the message of Christ. Each Christian vote against immigrants from South America is a repudiation of the life of Christ.
Christ was about helping the poor and welcoming everyone into the family of man. His life was not about keeping those poverty stricken Mexicans out of America. Christ was not about marginalizing homosexuals or the poor. Christ was not about sanctifying marriage for this group or that group.
30 years ago marriage was too sacred to allow a Black Man to marry a White Woman. Miscegenation was a great evil. Now, if you’re a good Christian, you must stop the homosexuals from ruining marriage. What’s next? Maybe they’ll actually tackle the real problem facing marriage. Adultery. I doubt that though. They’d have to fire 80% of the Preacher Men if they did that.
I missed that in the teachings of Christ. I missed where Jesus stated that only White Men can marry White Women and that no other marriage was valid.
These are some of the many reasons that I will never again be a part of Christianity.
The greatest reason is that I revere Christ and see that organization which claims to represent him as a repudiation of all that is good about the man and his message.
Having long ago verged from the path of Ieshua the Nazarene, Modern Christianity is a hot mess.

  1. Dawood,
    I don’t doubt your honesty one bit; however, you put all humans in an impossible box.
    I think you know that I believe in the God who sent Jesus and had him preach to the masses about His Father’s kingdom of Heaven. I still read and believe the Bible stories regularly. If somebody burned Bibles that would be on them.
    Paul was a privileged offspring of the Pharisees who persecuted Christians before hearing Christ speak.
    Paul became among the greatest of the early Christian preachers, throughout much of the land you have traveled over there.
    In his letters to the Ephesians and the Philipians Paul proclaimed himself “Chief among sinners”.
    In John 14:1-3 Jesus said: “If you believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many mansions. If it were not so, I would have told you.”
    I believe in a loving God and yet, I don’t understand all of the world’s suffering. I believe that we humans will someday but not while here on earth.
    Please come back to America. It certainly isn’t safe here, but you may not make it out alive over there. Some of our people are even rioting over sports shoes now.
    You could set Unny up in business and write, write, write. The world needs your honesty without the strong feelings you express on religion. or, if you insist, I cannot keep you from expressing your convictions.
    Your good friend,
    Sam

Leave a Reply

No comments:

Blog Definition

On Line Blog Definition
Google-Blog Definitionblog, short for web log, an online, regularly updated journal or newsletter that is readily accessible to the general public by virtue of being posted on a website.