Welcome

Welcome to my blog http://www.skegley.blogspot.com/ . CAVEAT LECTOR- Let the reader beware. This is a Christian Conservative blog. It is not meant to offend anyone. Please feel free to ignore this blog, but also feel free to browse and comment on my posts! You may also scroll down to respond to any post.

For Christian American readers of this blog:


I wish to incite all Christians to rise up and take back the United States of America with all of God's manifold blessings. We want the free allowance of the Bible and prayers allowed again in schools, halls of justice, and all governing bodies. We don't seek a theocracy until Jesus returns to earth because all men are weak and power corrupts the very best of them.
We want to be a kinder and gentler people without slavery or condescension to any.

The world seems to be in a time of discontent among the populace. Christians should not fear. God is Love, shown best through Jesus Christ. God is still in control. All Glory to our Creator and to our God!


A favorite quote from my good friend, Jack Plymale, which I appreciate:

"Wars are planned by old men,in council rooms apart. They plan for greater armament, they map the battle chart, but: where sightless eyes stare out, beyond life's vanished joys, I've noticed,somehow, all the dead and mamed are hardly more than boys(Grantland Rice per our mutual friend, Sarah Rapp)."

Thanks Jack!

I must admit that I do not check authenticity of my posts. If anyone can tell me of a non-biased arbitrator, I will attempt to do so more regularly. I know of no such arbitrator for the internet.











Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Moment You Die ... thanks Bob and friends!


> Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 18:06:41 -0500 (EST)

> Subject: Fwd: [New post] The Moment You Die
>
>
>

> Subject: [New post] The Moment You Die
>
>
> New post on His Fresh Wind Blog
> The Moment You Die
> by pastorzuray
>
>
> Death. We all have one thing in common. There will come a day when we take our last breath and die. It could happen today or we may have the blessing of a long life. The reality of life is that there is death.
>
> If you have ever wandered around a book store you've noticed a growing genera of books known as self-help books. Millions of books are sold yearly to people trying to get their best life now. It doesn't matter what someone's religious or secular world view is, people want to have a long and full life. The problem is, we can't escape the death that comes at the end.
>
> I don't mean to be morbid today, but realistic. My 8th grade daughter Anna has been reading about the Holocaust and the famous young woman Anne Frank. Her class was asked to write a poem expressing the emotions of that dark time. This poem moved me deeply. Take a moment to read it.
>
> Why?
>
> I hear them walking closer and closer,
>
> Their feet pound on the gravel that leads to my house.
>
> I know why they’re coming,
>
> They’re coming for me.
>
> They pound down my house door!
>
> They fire their guns!
>
> I hear the screams of my father, mother, and sister,
>
> Then I hear three thumps on the floor.
>
> I’m still hidden under my bed.
>
> Will they find me?
>
> Will I soon be dead?
>
> Their pounding feet approach my bedroom door.
>
> I hear the shouts, I hear their commands,
>
> The commands that demand my death.
>
> Will I live? Shall I survive?
>
> These thoughts keep frantically going through my head.
>
> BANG!
>
> My door is burst through and the Nazi soldiers enter my room.
>
> They throw my chair on the floor!
>
> They take the papers from inside my desk and throw them everywhere.
>
> Then the man with the star covered boots stops,
>
> Then, he turns toward my bed.
>
> All is quiet, not one sound is heard.
>
> Do I dare to breathe?
>
> Not a chance.
>
> My heart pounds so heard that I’m scared the Nazis will hear it.
>
> The Gestapo walks closer to my bed and then flips it over.
>
> I scream and scream and scream!
>
> But what’s the point, nobody will hear me!
>
> Even if somebody does hear me, they won’t care.
>
> The man grabs me by the arm and pulls me out into the street.
>
> Will he shoot me or will I be spared?
>
> Hundreds of people all around me are covered in blood, bruises and tears.
>
> We are all going to die because of the star on our chest.
>
> I try to escape, but I fail.
>
> I’m much too weak compared to the Nazis grasp.
>
> I try again and then I break free!
>
> I begin to run, but I am stopped by a horrific noise!
>
> Then a sudden pain.
>
> There’s something inside me, a bullet I guess.
>
> Why did they shoot me?
>
> I’m just a kid!
>
> Soon the world goes black.
>
> I know I will never see the daylight again.
>
> When I read this poem I felt as if I was the child under the bed. To think that so many people experienced such a moment is hard to accept. Saddly, the reality that we face in life is that there is death. However, the reality of God is that there is hope. I find it incomprehensible that God gave the world Jesus and the world says "No!" God says there is life in my Son and the world says "Go Away!" God declares that man does not have to earn his eternal life but religion says "DO! DO! DO!"
>
>
>
> I don't know what your plans are when this life comes to an end but let me encourage you to realize we all need a Savior and must put our faith only in Him for Salvation. He promises eternal life to those that would simply believe that Jesus death on the cross is the only hope for having my sins removed. Jesus paid for the gift that brings the hope of eternal life. Don't turn away from the only hope we have.
>
> Our last breath, in this life, will come someday. The good news is, God has given us the way to have eternal life through the sacrifice of Jesus.
>
> “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16
>
>
>

>
> For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9
>

>
>

> Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. John 14:6
>

>
>

>
>
> Please contact me if you would like to discuss this topic further.
>

>
>
> pastorzuray | February 10, 2012 at 12:13 pm | Categories: Uncategorized | URL: http://wp.me/pQ4yE-5q
>
> Comment See all comments
>
> Unsubscribe or change your email settings at Manage Subscriptions .
>
> Trouble clicking? Copy and paste this URL into your browser:
> http://hisfreshwind.wordpress.com/2012/02/10/the-moment-you-die/ Thanks for flying with WordPress.com

No comments:

Blog Definition

On Line Blog Definition
Google-Blog Definitionblog, short for web log, an online, regularly updated journal or newsletter that is readily accessible to the general public by virtue of being posted on a website.