Welcome

Welcome to my blog http://www.skegley.blogspot.com/ . CAVEAT LECTOR- Let the reader beware. This is a Christian Conservative blog. It is not meant to offend anyone. Please feel free to ignore this blog, but also feel free to browse and comment on my posts! You may also scroll down to respond to any post.

For Christian American readers of this blog:


I wish to incite all Christians to rise up and take back the United States of America with all of God's manifold blessings. We want the free allowance of the Bible and prayers allowed again in schools, halls of justice, and all governing bodies. We don't seek a theocracy until Jesus returns to earth because all men are weak and power corrupts the very best of them.
We want to be a kinder and gentler people without slavery or condescension to any.

The world seems to be in a time of discontent among the populace. Christians should not fear. God is Love, shown best through Jesus Christ. God is still in control. All Glory to our Creator and to our God!


A favorite quote from my good friend, Jack Plymale, which I appreciate:

"Wars are planned by old men,in council rooms apart. They plan for greater armament, they map the battle chart, but: where sightless eyes stare out, beyond life's vanished joys, I've noticed,somehow, all the dead and mamed are hardly more than boys(Grantland Rice per our mutual friend, Sarah Rapp)."

Thanks Jack!

I must admit that I do not check authenticity of my posts. If anyone can tell me of a non-biased arbitrator, I will attempt to do so more regularly. I know of no such arbitrator for the internet.











Thursday, July 12, 2012

Wonderful re-cycle ... Thanks Lyle S.!




---------- Forwarded message ----------



Subject: BILLY GRAHAM'S SUIT One of the best mails this year.







A GREAT STORY
GRAHAM'S SUIT

Billy Graham is now 92-years-old with Parkinson's disease.
In January 20
00, leaders in Charlotte , North Carolina ,
invited their favorite son, Billy Graham, to a luncheon in
his honor.

Billy initially hesitated to accept the invitation because he
struggles with Parkinson's disease. But the Charlotte
leaders said, 'We don't expect a major address. Just
come and let us honor you.' So he agreed.

After wonderful things were said about him, Dr. Graham
stepped to the rostrum, looked at the crowd, and said,
"I'm reminded today of Albert Einstein, the great physicist
who this month has been honored by Time magazine as the
Man of the Century. Einstein was once traveling from
Princeton on a train when the conductor came down the
aisle, punching the tickets of every passenger. When he
came to Einstein, Einstein reached in his vest pocket. He
couldn't find his ticket, so he reached in his trouser pockets.
It wasn't there.

He looked in his briefcase but couldn't find it.
Then he looked in the seat beside him. He still couldn't find it.

"The conductor said, 'Dr. Einstein, I know who you are..
We all know who you are. I'm sure you bought a ticket.
Don't worry about it.'

"Einstein nodded appreciatively. The conductor continued
down the aisle punching tickets. As he was ready to
move to the next car, he turned around and saw the great
physicist down on his hands and knees looking under his
seat for his ticket.

The conductor rushed back and said, 'Dr. Einstein,
Dr. Einstein, don't worry, I know who you are; no problem.
You don't need a ticket. I'm sure you bought one.'

Einstein looked at him and said,
'Young man, I too,
know who I am. What I don't know is where I'm going.'
Having said that Billy Graham continued,
"See the suit I'm wearing? It's a brand new suit. My children,
and my grandchildren are telling me I've gotten a little slovenly
in my old age. I used to be a bit more fastidious. So I went out
and bought a new suit for this luncheon and one more occasion.
You know what that occasion is? This is the suit in which I'll be buried.
But when you hear I'm dead, I don't want you to immediately
remember the suit I'm wearing. I want you to remember this:
I not only know who I am. I also know where I'm going."

Amen & Peace My Friends






No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 9.0.930 / Virus Database: 2437.1.1/5127 - Release Date: 07/12/12 02:34:00

No comments:

Blog Definition

On Line Blog Definition
Google-Blog Definitionblog, short for web log, an online, regularly updated journal or newsletter that is readily accessible to the general public by virtue of being posted on a website.