Welcome

Welcome to my blog http://www.skegley.blogspot.com/ . CAVEAT LECTOR- Let the reader beware. This is a Christian Conservative blog. It is not meant to offend anyone. Please feel free to ignore this blog, but also feel free to browse and comment on my posts! You may also scroll down to respond to any post.

For Christian American readers of this blog:


I wish to incite all Christians to rise up and take back the United States of America with all of God's manifold blessings. We want the free allowance of the Bible and prayers allowed again in schools, halls of justice, and all governing bodies. We don't seek a theocracy until Jesus returns to earth because all men are weak and power corrupts the very best of them.
We want to be a kinder and gentler people without slavery or condescension to any.

The world seems to be in a time of discontent among the populace. Christians should not fear. God is Love, shown best through Jesus Christ. God is still in control. All Glory to our Creator and to our God!


A favorite quote from my good friend, Jack Plymale, which I appreciate:

"Wars are planned by old men,in council rooms apart. They plan for greater armament, they map the battle chart, but: where sightless eyes stare out, beyond life's vanished joys, I've noticed,somehow, all the dead and mamed are hardly more than boys(Grantland Rice per our mutual friend, Sarah Rapp)."

Thanks Jack!

I must admit that I do not check authenticity of my posts. If anyone can tell me of a non-biased arbitrator, I will attempt to do so more regularly. I know of no such arbitrator for the internet.











Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Rant- Yuppies and customer service (or lack thereof)



Rant Mode ON!

I truly want to be kinder and gentler, and I am impressed with the ability of today's "Yuppies" (young, up and coming executives).  EXCEPT, their knowledge of customer service.

Many my age or even close or retired want nothing to do with high tech items, particularly electronics, but for watching TV.

I have previously lectured that any customer expects four things- 1) Price; 2) Delivery; Quality; and Service. 

Price and delivery can be shopped for at Walmart, Sears, Penny's, Target, etc.  If a quality defect is found, the customer can return the item, stand in line at the service desk, and arrange replacement with not too much trouble.   Remote customer service must be searched out and, if a number or a site description is found, just you try to contact a person of ability to assist you in your attendant problem(s).  Virtually everybody I know has experienced the long telephone waits to obtain a real live person on the telephone through the "systems" that have replaced real live operators. 

Yeah, I am old and grouchy but I try to be the conservative Christian that I declare I am on the introductory remarks of this blog.  It becomes more difficult as I get older and grouchier.

I called Avis a few years ago.  The people there had no realization of Robert Townsend,  former Chairman of the Avis board in 1970, when he had his best selling book, Up the Organization" published.  In it he touted the telephone operator or receptionist, normally a capable and pleasantly acceptable looking person (female mostly).   I plagiarize that he said- You can spend five minutes with any of my vice-presidents, and you will know if they are qualified.  They could perform in a cubicle.   I would make the operator- receptionist area look like a turkish harem.
They must know where the people are and get the caller and the person on "live" ASAP!

In addition to my hard earned money spent on products, I have also spent many hours on the phone trying to reach a live person to help in a customer service problem.  I must say:  The Yuppies don't even care.  There are alternative services or products, but very few know the value of giving real live service to real live customers .  

Bring back the operator- receptionists and get the job done right!

Maybe it is the Secular Progressives versus the Traditionalists, Bill O'Reilly so aptly dilineates in his great 2006 book: "Culture Warriors".  I am on the side of traditionalists such as Townsend and O'Reilly! 

SamKat  aka Sam Kegley



No comments:

Blog Definition

On Line Blog Definition
Google-Blog Definitionblog, short for web log, an online, regularly updated journal or newsletter that is readily accessible to the general public by virtue of being posted on a website.