Welcome

Welcome to my blog http://www.skegley.blogspot.com/ . CAVEAT LECTOR- Let the reader beware. This is a Christian Conservative blog. It is not meant to offend anyone. Please feel free to ignore this blog, but also feel free to browse and comment on my posts! You may also scroll down to respond to any post.

For Christian American readers of this blog:


I wish to incite all Christians to rise up and take back the United States of America with all of God's manifold blessings. We want the free allowance of the Bible and prayers allowed again in schools, halls of justice, and all governing bodies. We don't seek a theocracy until Jesus returns to earth because all men are weak and power corrupts the very best of them.
We want to be a kinder and gentler people without slavery or condescension to any.

The world seems to be in a time of discontent among the populace. Christians should not fear. God is Love, shown best through Jesus Christ. God is still in control. All Glory to our Creator and to our God!


A favorite quote from my good friend, Jack Plymale, which I appreciate:

"Wars are planned by old men,in council rooms apart. They plan for greater armament, they map the battle chart, but: where sightless eyes stare out, beyond life's vanished joys, I've noticed,somehow, all the dead and mamed are hardly more than boys(Grantland Rice per our mutual friend, Sarah Rapp)."

Thanks Jack!

I must admit that I do not check authenticity of my posts. If anyone can tell me of a non-biased arbitrator, I will attempt to do so more regularly. I know of no such arbitrator for the internet.











Saturday, January 12, 2013

Paraprosdokians ... Thanks Sarah R. and Keith B.!

Subject: PARAPROSDOKIANS...
PARAPROSDOKIANS... are figures of speech in which the latter part of a
sentence or phrase is surprising or unexpected; frequently humorous.
(Winston Churchill loved them). 
 
1. Where there's a will, I want to be in it.
 
2. The last thing I want to do is hurt you.  But it's still on my list.
 
3. Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright 
    until you hear them speak.
 
4. If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.
 
5. We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.
 
6. War does not determine who is right - only who is left.
 
7. Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. 
   Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
 
8. They begin the evening news with 'Good Evening,' 
    then proceed to tell you why it isn't.
 
9. To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. 
   To steal from many is research.
 
10. Buses stop in bus stations. Trains stop in train stations. 
     On my desk is a work station.
 
11. I thought I wanted a career. 
    Turns out I just wanted paychecks.
 
12. In filling out an application, where it says, 
    'In case of emergency, notify:' I put 'DOCTOR.'
 
13. I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.
 
14. Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street 
     with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.
 
15. Behind every successful man is his woman. 
     Behind the fall of a successful man is usually another woman.
 
16. A clear conscience is the sign of a fuzzy memory.
 
17. You do not need a parachute to skydive. 
     You only need a parachute to skydive twice.
 
18. Money can't buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.
 
19. There's a fine line between cuddling and 
     holding someone down so they can't get away.
 
20. I used to be indecisive.  Now I'm not so sure.
 
21. You're never too old to learn something stupid.
 
22. To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call
      whatever you hit the target.
 
23. Going to church doesn't make you a Christian 
      any more than standing in a garage makes you a car. 
 
24. I'm supposed to respect my elders,
      but it's getting harder and harder for me to find one now. 

No comments:

Blog Definition

On Line Blog Definition
Google-Blog Definitionblog, short for web log, an online, regularly updated journal or newsletter that is readily accessible to the general public by virtue of being posted on a website.