Welcome

Welcome to my blog http://www.skegley.blogspot.com/ . CAVEAT LECTOR- Let the reader beware. This is a Christian Conservative blog. It is not meant to offend anyone. Please feel free to ignore this blog, but also feel free to browse and comment on my posts! You may also scroll down to respond to any post.

For Christian American readers of this blog:


I wish to incite all Christians to rise up and take back the United States of America with all of God's manifold blessings. We want the free allowance of the Bible and prayers allowed again in schools, halls of justice, and all governing bodies. We don't seek a theocracy until Jesus returns to earth because all men are weak and power corrupts the very best of them.
We want to be a kinder and gentler people without slavery or condescension to any.

The world seems to be in a time of discontent among the populace. Christians should not fear. God is Love, shown best through Jesus Christ. God is still in control. All Glory to our Creator and to our God!


A favorite quote from my good friend, Jack Plymale, which I appreciate:

"Wars are planned by old men,in council rooms apart. They plan for greater armament, they map the battle chart, but: where sightless eyes stare out, beyond life's vanished joys, I've noticed,somehow, all the dead and mamed are hardly more than boys(Grantland Rice per our mutual friend, Sarah Rapp)."

Thanks Jack!

I must admit that I do not check authenticity of my posts. If anyone can tell me of a non-biased arbitrator, I will attempt to do so more regularly. I know of no such arbitrator for the internet.











Sunday, May 26, 2013

Things you may or may not know about SamKat

Things you may or may not care to know ...

As a kid I had fights.  Let me confess something.  When I and my adversary(ies) lined up with my fist and theirs raised for combat, I always became nervous.  I remained so until, when I threw the first hit, it eased my nervousness.  I  neither won nor lost all of my fights nor did I particularly enjoy them, but I felt the "manly art of self-defense" was the "fight" part of my "fight or flight" response as a male.  Getting hit can certainly be painful.  I am sickened to see females fight.  At eighty now, I see so many younger men in the gym that I would not want to mess with because of their conditioning.

I also read that men normally look at other men as potential fighting adversaries and men look at women as potential love-mates.  Sexuality, as I see it.  I also read that rapists have a "woman-hate" psyche, often caused by non-parentable mothers.  I am truly sorry that there appear to be so many of those type mothers.  I had a great mother, as most men will normally agree they have.  For that I am most thankful.  I also believe that my dad was not given to fighting, but would do all he could to protect those of us in his large nuclear family.  Sadly, so many male and female young are raised by unwed or deserted single women today. 

Dad always worked two jobs, railroading and refrigeration repair along with a few catalog shoe sales on the side.   I am sure that he kept the Boston Shoe catalog mainly to keep shoes on the ten of us kids.  Incidentally, Mom told my wife, Jeanie, that I was the hardest to keep wearable shoes on.  Was my dad  unique, I don't think so much, except that being raised in America from a long ago European-descent legacy, the decency urge was so ingrained.  We always had kids around our house, and the difference in age between Ted, born in 1925, and Sandy, born in 1948, can attest.

Jeanie and I love seeing kids of all types, animal types as well, in pictures or in person.  We have two sons, Jay and Jeff, who along with their wives, have given us three wonderful granddaughters and two equally wonderful step-grandsons. 

Thanks Dad and Mom Kegley!

I feel average, if maybe a little above average like the great president George W. Bush was so condescended upon as being so by his adversaries in the political world. 

I am also an estate or garage sale addict.  I drive around this Columbus, Ohio area and suburbs and I am purely amazed at the things I can buy for a dollar or two.  I am even more amazed at the afluent edifices, many are simply palaces, our fairly near neighbors live in.

Being a University of Kentucky basketball (and all UK sports) fan before obtaining my Metallurgical Engineering degree there and since, has been so wonderfully entertaining to Jeanie and me throughout our lives.  We simply love the Wildcats!

Maybe you didn't know these things about SamKat, but there I said it and the old Indian saying is: "Two things you can't take back- the sped arrow and the spoken word."  It is much more difficult to retract the written word.

Most politicically aware liberals don't like to have anything except maybe liberal entertainers, or the rich of ill-gotten gain, they have said or written repeated for fear of self-incrimination as these current obama-chosen so-called leaders attest.

SamKat is Tea Party, not Republican.  I will never understand insane or islamic jihadist in their lust to kill Americans or Chrisitans.  Love, and not hate, should be part of all humans' lives.  God wants that!
I know that I mainly appreciate the most wonderful humanity of Jesus Christ, the son of our living God.  

I like to write and maybe somebody down the line of the future will say:  Hey! This guy had some interesting things to say, even if he was just an ordinary human.

Maybe you didn't know or care, but believe me, I do.  I am not proselytizing, but I am happy  for those of our family and friends who know and proclaim the risen Christ!  And ... God made nothing more interesting than people.

SamKat

SamKat editorial for www.skegley.blogspot.com
Inbox
x

Sam Kegley
Sunday, May 26, 2013 Things you may or may not know about SamKat Labels SamKa...
9:01 AM (20 hours ago)

johnlooney@windstream.net
7:43 PM (10 hours ago)

to me
SAM-KAT,
        I LITTERLY LOVED READING THIS ONE, BECAUSE IT HAS JUST ABOUT ALL OF MY BELIEFS.
THANKS,
JOHN

No comments:

Blog Definition

On Line Blog Definition
Google-Blog Definitionblog, short for web log, an online, regularly updated journal or newsletter that is readily accessible to the general public by virtue of being posted on a website.