Welcome

Welcome to my blog http://www.skegley.blogspot.com/ . CAVEAT LECTOR- Let the reader beware. This is a Christian Conservative blog. It is not meant to offend anyone. Please feel free to ignore this blog, but also feel free to browse and comment on my posts! You may also scroll down to respond to any post.

For Christian American readers of this blog:


I wish to incite all Christians to rise up and take back the United States of America with all of God's manifold blessings. We want the free allowance of the Bible and prayers allowed again in schools, halls of justice, and all governing bodies. We don't seek a theocracy until Jesus returns to earth because all men are weak and power corrupts the very best of them.
We want to be a kinder and gentler people without slavery or condescension to any.

The world seems to be in a time of discontent among the populace. Christians should not fear. God is Love, shown best through Jesus Christ. God is still in control. All Glory to our Creator and to our God!


A favorite quote from my good friend, Jack Plymale, which I appreciate:

"Wars are planned by old men,in council rooms apart. They plan for greater armament, they map the battle chart, but: where sightless eyes stare out, beyond life's vanished joys, I've noticed,somehow, all the dead and mamed are hardly more than boys(Grantland Rice per our mutual friend, Sarah Rapp)."

Thanks Jack!

I must admit that I do not check authenticity of my posts. If anyone can tell me of a non-biased arbitrator, I will attempt to do so more regularly. I know of no such arbitrator for the internet.











Sunday, June 9, 2013

The year was 1955 ... I was thirteen and WW II ended, Sonny!


THE YEAR WAS 1955

Did you hear the post office is
thinking about charging 7 cents
just to mail a letter?
[]

If they raise the minimum wage

to $1.00, nobody will be able to
hire outside help at the store.
[]


When I first started driving, who

would have thought gas would
someday cost 25 cents a gallon? Guess we'd be better off leaving the car in the garage.
[]

I'm afraid to send my kids to the

movies any more. Ever since they
let Clark Gable get by with saying DAMN in GONE WITH THE WIND, it seems every new movie has either HELL or DAMN in it.


I read the other day where some

scientist thinks it's possible to put
a man on the moon by the end of the century.

They even have some fellows they call astronauts preparing for it down in Texas.

Did you see where some baseball

player just signed a contract for
$50,000 a year just to play ball? It wouldn't surprise me if someday they'll be making more than the President.
[]


I never thought I'd see the day

all our kitchen appliances would
be electric. They're even making electric typewriters now.
[]


It's too bad things are so tough

nowadays. I see where a few
married women are having to work to make ends meet.
[]


It won't be long before young

couples are going to have to hire
someone to watch their kids so they can both work.
[]

I'm afraid the Volkswagen car

is going to open the door to a
whole lot of foreign business.
[]



Thank goodness I won't live to

see the day when the Government
takes half our income in taxes. I sometimes wonder if we are electing the best people to government.

http://images.google.com/hosted/life/f?q=Eisenhower+&prev=/images?q=Eisenhower+&+Congress&hl=en&sa=G&biw=1280&bih=843&gbv=2&tbs=isch:1&imgurl=be341190ba0eb7d1

The fast food restaurant is

convenient for a quick meal,
but I seriously doubt they will ever catch on.
[]


There is no sense going on short

trips anymore for a weekend. It
costs nearly $2.00 a night to stay in a hotel.
[]



No one can afford to be sick

anymore. At $15.00 a day in
the hospital, it's too rich for my blood.
[]

If they think I'll pay 30 cents
for a haircut, forget it. []


Know any friends
who would get a kick out of these, pass this on!

Be
sure and send it to your kids and grand kids, too.

 

No comments:

Blog Definition

On Line Blog Definition
Google-Blog Definitionblog, short for web log, an online, regularly updated journal or newsletter that is readily accessible to the general public by virtue of being posted on a website.