Welcome

Welcome to my blog http://www.skegley.blogspot.com/ . CAVEAT LECTOR- Let the reader beware. This is a Christian Conservative blog. It is not meant to offend anyone. Please feel free to ignore this blog, but also feel free to browse and comment on my posts! You may also scroll down to respond to any post.

For Christian American readers of this blog:


I wish to incite all Christians to rise up and take back the United States of America with all of God's manifold blessings. We want the free allowance of the Bible and prayers allowed again in schools, halls of justice, and all governing bodies. We don't seek a theocracy until Jesus returns to earth because all men are weak and power corrupts the very best of them.
We want to be a kinder and gentler people without slavery or condescension to any.

The world seems to be in a time of discontent among the populace. Christians should not fear. God is Love, shown best through Jesus Christ. God is still in control. All Glory to our Creator and to our God!


A favorite quote from my good friend, Jack Plymale, which I appreciate:

"Wars are planned by old men,in council rooms apart. They plan for greater armament, they map the battle chart, but: where sightless eyes stare out, beyond life's vanished joys, I've noticed,somehow, all the dead and mamed are hardly more than boys(Grantland Rice per our mutual friend, Sarah Rapp)."

Thanks Jack!

I must admit that I do not check authenticity of my posts. If anyone can tell me of a non-biased arbitrator, I will attempt to do so more regularly. I know of no such arbitrator for the internet.











Thursday, November 13, 2014

Selling home of 47 years and moving into a wonderful Westerville condo ... SamKat personal story

Selling and moving can be quite traumatic as well as quite rewarding.  Especially to grandparents in their early eighties.

We still love Portsmouth and New Boston, Ohio and have loved our home on Illinois Ave. in Westerville, OH as well.  We sold our home and moved into the State Street Condominiums October 31, 2014.

The trauma was packing so many boxes from Aug 5, the day the Columbus break between summer session and fall semester at Columbus State Community College began until our move four months later.  First  box packing was the selection of truckloads for auction.

 Secondly, I began packing (I am a terrible pack rat like my deceased dad, Forest Earl Kegley) for items to move to our new - seven years old condo home.    The most traumatic packing was of my office and my garage.

My sons, Jay and Jeff, would have rented a dumpster and hired someone to empty the house and fill the dumpster(s).  I and Jeanie did most of it ourselves, thank God,  except for the last week of moving preparation.  Wonderful friends, Carole Estep and Judi Cole, in addition to my sister Sandy and son Jeff and wife Suzy, and Jay and wife, Terri, pitched in and got us moved by 9 pm Thursday, October 31.  Our sons paid the movers.  Thanks boys, friends, and family.  After two weeks tomorrow, we are still looking for things we need and searching the boxes for keepers or throw-aways.

My advice to all grandparents,who have sufficient health, is to do most of it yourselves rather than cause your dear ones the added trauma to their busy lives.  Don't wait until your eighties.  A friend advises that we will unpack boxes for six months and after that we will miss many things we got rid of.

This condo complex is managed by Kim Ousley, sister-in-law to John Shumate, the designer and builder of this of this very high quality and innovatively built complex.  Kim is of the highest quality as a person and manager of the building for the seven years of its' existence.

Traumatic?  More than I imagined Aug 5.  But the load was lifted from Jeanie and me  November 1.  God blessed us once again.  Through Jesus Christ, His Son, we are saved and not fearing death, although we would enjoy a few more years together to live here in the greatest land on God's green earth.

Thanks for reading!

SamKat

No comments:

Blog Definition

On Line Blog Definition
Google-Blog Definitionblog, short for web log, an online, regularly updated journal or newsletter that is readily accessible to the general public by virtue of being posted on a website.