Welcome

Welcome to my blog http://www.skegley.blogspot.com/ . CAVEAT LECTOR- Let the reader beware. This is a Christian Conservative blog. It is not meant to offend anyone. Please feel free to ignore this blog, but also feel free to browse and comment on my posts! You may also scroll down to respond to any post.

For Christian American readers of this blog:


I wish to incite all Christians to rise up and take back the United States of America with all of God's manifold blessings. We want the free allowance of the Bible and prayers allowed again in schools, halls of justice, and all governing bodies. We don't seek a theocracy until Jesus returns to earth because all men are weak and power corrupts the very best of them.
We want to be a kinder and gentler people without slavery or condescension to any.

The world seems to be in a time of discontent among the populace. Christians should not fear. God is Love, shown best through Jesus Christ. God is still in control. All Glory to our Creator and to our God!


A favorite quote from my good friend, Jack Plymale, which I appreciate:

"Wars are planned by old men,in council rooms apart. They plan for greater armament, they map the battle chart, but: where sightless eyes stare out, beyond life's vanished joys, I've noticed,somehow, all the dead and mamed are hardly more than boys(Grantland Rice per our mutual friend, Sarah Rapp)."

Thanks Jack!

I must admit that I do not check authenticity of my posts. If anyone can tell me of a non-biased arbitrator, I will attempt to do so more regularly. I know of no such arbitrator for the internet.











Thursday, September 24, 2015

Yogi Berra Quotes New York News ... Thx Son, Jay K!



Yogi Berra's most famous quotes: The wit and wisdom of the late Yankees legend

 
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
 
Updated: Wednesday, September 23, 2015, 11:29 AM
  • A
  •  
  • A
  •  
  • A
19
SHARE THIS URL
DNP; Printed.;LINDA CATAFFO/NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Yogi Berra is known as much for his unintentional philosophy as for his excellence as a baseball player.

At a charity event at a Staten Island golf course years ago, a reporter engaged Yogi Berra in a conversation about his Yankees, who had just lost a mid-summer series to the then-cellar-dwelling Kansas City Royals.
He was trying to note how the Yankees were able to beat teams with good records but didn't fare well against others with poor records. And then it happened:
"The lousy teams are good this year," Berra said in a true Yogi-ism.
With the passing of the Yankees legend at age 90, which was announced Wednesday morning, certainly his astonishing baseball career will be remembered.
But what made Berra a cultural icon, was his way to put things in a way no one else quite could. And even if he mixed up his words, they still added up to a sound point. His “It ain’t over till it’s over” quote is perhaps the most famous rallying cry in all of sports and “It’s deja vu all over again” has taken a place in the culture at large.

Famous Yogi Berra quotes
NY Daily News
Here is some of the wit and wisdom of the late, great Yogi Berra:
On getting enough rest:
“I usually take a two-hour nap from one to four.”
On "fan" mail:
“Never answer an anonymous letter.”
On education:
“I’m not going to buy my kids an encyclopedia. Let them walk to school like I did.”
“You can observe a lot by watching.”

On the future:
“The future ain’t what it used to be.”
On travel:
“If you don’t know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else.”
“Why buy good luggage, you only use it when you travel.”
“The towels were so thick there I could hardly close my suitcase.”
“When you come to a fork in the road, take it.”
On social life:
"Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded."
“It gets late early out here.”
Just a couple of Yankees catchers: Jorge Posada with Berra.CATAFFO, LINDA

Just a couple of Yankees catchers: Jorge Posada with Berra.

On youth sports:
“I think Little League is wonderful. It keeps the kids out of the house.”
On the human anatomy:
“I don’t know (if they were male or female) fans running naked across the field. They had bags over their heads.”
On receiving advice:
“Take it with a grin of salt.”
JOE NAMATH ON YOGI BERRA: 'I WAS LIKE A LITTLE KID' AROUND HIM

On weather:
“It ain’t the heat, it’s the humility.”
On finance:
“A nickel ain’t worth a dime anymore.”
On baseball:
“In baseball, you don’t know nothing.”
“We made too many wrong mistakes.”
“So I’m ugly. I never saw anyone hit with his face.”
“If the people don’t want to come out to the ballpark, nobody’s going to stop them.”
“Baseball is 90 percent mental. The other half is physical.”
“All pitchers are liars or crybabies.”
“We were overwhelming underdogs.”
“Bill Dickey is learning me his experience.”

0RAY STUBBLEBINE/REUTERS

Berra at the final game at Shea Stadium.

“He hits from both sides of the plate. He’s amphibious.”
“I always thought that record would stand until it was broken.”
“I can see how he (Sandy Koufax) won 25 games. What I don’t understand is how he lost five.”
“I want to thank everyone for making this night necessary.”
On being thought of as a philosopher:
"I didn't really say everything I said."
On death:
“You should always go to other people’s funerals, otherwise, they won’t come to yours.”
MOBILE USER? WATCH THE VIDEO HERE
TAGS:
 
yogi berra
SPONSOR CONTENT ON NYDAILYNEWS 
BY SPRITE
The Sprite Corner helps young artists find their style with some expert guidance from professional model Winnie Harlow
COMMENTS
(19)POST A COMMENTDiscussion Guidelines]
    1 day ago
    REGINALD GRANT
    My favorite: "Nobody goes to that place any more. It's too crowded. "
    1 day ago
    NICHOLAS KARAMBELAS
    My favorite: "You should have thought twice before thought about it for the first time"
    SHOW MORE COMMENTS

    No comments:

    Blog Definition

    On Line Blog Definition
    Google-Blog Definitionblog, short for web log, an online, regularly updated journal or newsletter that is readily accessible to the general public by virtue of being posted on a website.