Welcome

Welcome to my blog http://www.skegley.blogspot.com/ . CAVEAT LECTOR- Let the reader beware. This is a Christian Conservative blog. It is not meant to offend anyone. Please feel free to ignore this blog, but also feel free to browse and comment on my posts! You may also scroll down to respond to any post.

For Christian American readers of this blog:


I wish to incite all Christians to rise up and take back the United States of America with all of God's manifold blessings. We want the free allowance of the Bible and prayers allowed again in schools, halls of justice, and all governing bodies. We don't seek a theocracy until Jesus returns to earth because all men are weak and power corrupts the very best of them.
We want to be a kinder and gentler people without slavery or condescension to any.

The world seems to be in a time of discontent among the populace. Christians should not fear. God is Love, shown best through Jesus Christ. God is still in control. All Glory to our Creator and to our God!


A favorite quote from my good friend, Jack Plymale, which I appreciate:

"Wars are planned by old men,in council rooms apart. They plan for greater armament, they map the battle chart, but: where sightless eyes stare out, beyond life's vanished joys, I've noticed,somehow, all the dead and mamed are hardly more than boys(Grantland Rice per our mutual friend, Sarah Rapp)."

Thanks Jack!

I must admit that I do not check authenticity of my posts. If anyone can tell me of a non-biased arbitrator, I will attempt to do so more regularly. I know of no such arbitrator for the internet.











Tuesday, November 21, 2017

My Happiness ... Happy Thanksgiving to this worlds' inhabitants!

November 21, 2017

My Happiness


I have no relationship with anybody as inconsistent as I am.

I just watched one of the most popular talks on TED, a remarkably good site of enlightening presentations.  I emailed it to a lot of my email addies.  There is an ongoing study (now 75 years (from 1942 in the middle of WW II) by scholarly individuals who have pursued “What Makes Happiness”. 

Surveys early in the study indicated that 80% of interviewees sought wealth; whereas most of the remaining sought fame. Studies began of two groups of several thousand men, one group of Harvard graduates, and the other poor boys from the poorest Boston neighborhood. The scholarly inqusitors, by the recent TED talk, drew the conclusion that:

Relationships are the most contributory to personal happiness in long lives of participants

Sam Kegley’s longest relationship, outside of with my siblings, is with Jeanette (Weddington) Kegley, my wife of 65+ years.  I credit her with helping me live as long as I have and with the most happiness I have enjoyed.  I just turned 85. Since 1942, human longevity has also  extended significantly for those surviving of the worlds’ inhabitants.

It is a reminder to me as we look forward to our Thanksgiving celebration this Thursday that I do want happiness for all of our relationships, particularly of those with our family and friends.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours,

Sam Kegley








No comments:

Blog Definition

On Line Blog Definition
Google-Blog Definitionblog, short for web log, an online, regularly updated journal or newsletter that is readily accessible to the general public by virtue of being posted on a website.