Welcome

Welcome to my blog http://www.skegley.blogspot.com/ . CAVEAT LECTOR- Let the reader beware. This is a Christian Conservative blog. It is not meant to offend anyone. Please feel free to ignore this blog, but also feel free to browse and comment on my posts! You may also scroll down to respond to any post.

For Christian American readers of this blog:


I wish to incite all Christians to rise up and take back the United States of America with all of God's manifold blessings. We want the free allowance of the Bible and prayers allowed again in schools, halls of justice, and all governing bodies. We don't seek a theocracy until Jesus returns to earth because all men are weak and power corrupts the very best of them.
We want to be a kinder and gentler people without slavery or condescension to any.

The world seems to be in a time of discontent among the populace. Christians should not fear. God is Love, shown best through Jesus Christ. God is still in control. All Glory to our Creator and to our God!


A favorite quote from my good friend, Jack Plymale, which I appreciate:

"Wars are planned by old men,in council rooms apart. They plan for greater armament, they map the battle chart, but: where sightless eyes stare out, beyond life's vanished joys, I've noticed,somehow, all the dead and mamed are hardly more than boys(Grantland Rice per our mutual friend, Sarah Rapp)."

Thanks Jack!

I must admit that I do not check authenticity of my posts. If anyone can tell me of a non-biased arbitrator, I will attempt to do so more regularly. I know of no such arbitrator for the internet.











Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Family's Shared Responsibilities ... SamKat

Family’s Shared Responsibilities

I believe that not many of my family agrees with my conservative Christian thoughts on life. By being Christian my wife and I have accepted the promise of our Creator’s greatest gift for his creation , His son Jesus Christ. Unlike Abraham’s great answer to God’s command, whereby the animal caught in the bush was there to replace Abraham’s son Isaac, God’s son had no substitute.  Jesus had to suffer the horrible ridicule of His Father’s creative beings while enduring the physical undeserved punishment of being nailed to the cross until death.

That old, old story we older Christians loved in song and prose has apparently gone out of style with most of our family’s younger members, even our two sons who are now retired from their professions and are 63 and 57.

I must also confess that I have loved Jeanie so much more as we age.  I get a little envious of her status as the loving one of us parents because she is, after all, such a good mother. 

Another old historical note along these lines is that sons and dads have more often had conflicting thoughts than youngsters of either sex have had with  their mothers.  Mom’s have earned the love due to the nature of motherhood.  They can be always thought of as better listeners and confidants to each child.  I honor my mother, Mary Kegley, with that heartfelt sharing feeling.

Being a dad means you share most of the disciplinary responsibilities of the family.  Jeanie and I agreed to back each other on matters of discipline with the kids.  Although guidance is necessary, even punishment at times.  I have read that philosophically, the young respect good and fair discipline; however, there remains a resentment of discipline in that that they are not allowed to discover for themselves.   

Many single parent families miss the discipline element and motherly love many times given to the necessity of earning the family’s upkeep. Shared duties are lacking. Usually a lower income and the normality which would be better for each member is sadly missed.

Old Sammie, you also have never accredited your dad, Forest E. Kegley, the accolades you always gave mom, Mary E. K.

You had just as soon accept things as they are and be thankful that God’s gift of His sacrificial son will provide homes in Heaven for us and a chance to see both sets of parents once more.  We pray unceasingly that most of our siblings and kids and grandkids will also see us there.

I guess the brother-in-law wisdom of James Dexter White, my older sister, Joan’s, husband comes to mind once more.


“Take things as they be
That’s my philosophy

No use to holler, mope, or fuss
If things were changed, they could be wuss

So when the rain is pouring down 
And lightning buzzing all around

I ain’t sceered that I’ll be hit
Just glad that I’m not out in it.”


Dexter credited his friend Anon Ymous for this.

… Why old Sammie writes

Sam Kegley 
3/19/19

614-882-5991




No comments:

Blog Definition

On Line Blog Definition
Google-Blog Definitionblog, short for web log, an online, regularly updated journal or newsletter that is readily accessible to the general public by virtue of being posted on a website.