Welcome

Welcome to my blog http://www.skegley.blogspot.com/ . CAVEAT LECTOR- Let the reader beware. This is a Christian Conservative blog. It is not meant to offend anyone. Please feel free to ignore this blog, but also feel free to browse and comment on my posts! You may also scroll down to respond to any post.

For Christian American readers of this blog:


I wish to incite all Christians to rise up and take back the United States of America with all of God's manifold blessings. We want the free allowance of the Bible and prayers allowed again in schools, halls of justice, and all governing bodies. We don't seek a theocracy until Jesus returns to earth because all men are weak and power corrupts the very best of them.
We want to be a kinder and gentler people without slavery or condescension to any.

The world seems to be in a time of discontent among the populace. Christians should not fear. God is Love, shown best through Jesus Christ. God is still in control. All Glory to our Creator and to our God!


A favorite quote from my good friend, Jack Plymale, which I appreciate:

"Wars are planned by old men,in council rooms apart. They plan for greater armament, they map the battle chart, but: where sightless eyes stare out, beyond life's vanished joys, I've noticed,somehow, all the dead and mamed are hardly more than boys(Grantland Rice per our mutual friend, Sarah Rapp)."

Thanks Jack!

I must admit that I do not check authenticity of my posts. If anyone can tell me of a non-biased arbitrator, I will attempt to do so more regularly. I know of no such arbitrator for the internet.











Monday, March 22, 2021

USA and Christians in 2021

USA and Christians in 2021 Sam Kegley 9:25 AM (28 minutes ago) to me, The leftists have done so much to discredit the Christian faith and all churches in the recent history of the United States of America. It is easy in today's society of this "greatest country on God's Green Earth" to say 'look at those hypocrites. As our entertainment has become more base, as well as so many other of society's devilish turns, corporate 'they' also say : Those goody two shoes do the same as we do, and they should not judge us. As a youngster, I resented most seeing Phoniness in the character of others. not genuine or real (Entry 1 of 4) : not genuine or real: such as. a(1) : intended to deceive or mislead. (2) : intended to defraud : counterfeit.5 days ago Phony | Definition of Phony by Merriam-Websterwww.merriam-webster.com › dictionary › phony I have never met a perfect person and I make it a point to say so in the many books in which I have written about Acquaintances of Integrity or admirable people. I accepted Christ as a youngster, as the greatest gift ever given in this world. What a gift it was for our creator to see the evil in this world by the beings he initiated on earth. In self-searching by the greatest of all, His plan was to allow his son to come to earth and unjustly suffer humiliation and torture by those very beings, us. The point being that the man, Jesus, was such a great kind and gentle teacher, whose life events of miracles and goodness have lived on for the two-thousand plus years after his death, and wonderful resurrection. I am 'Old Sammy' now, and I still resent phonies. Pastor Frank, the preacher of two first names, Frank Carl, of Genoa Church, only a few miles above our Condo in Westerville, gave a story about calling his 25-year old grandson in Denver. It was just to check on him because of their greater than four-foot wild snowstorm this past week. "Grandpa, why did you just call? I just saw a man on a corner who was obviously cold and alone, so I asked myself 'what would my grandfather do', then you called. I thought about it and gave the man my very loved Ohio State University blanket from my car. Pastor Frank has preached for forty years but also said this morning that the outdoor services at Genoa this past year have affected his ministry more than all of the other years combined. One sure reason is that he is seeing many people come into the church from the parking lot services to be baptized. As I was impressed by the grandson's- what would grandpa do, I thought of Old Sammy i.e. - me. I am the oldest of my mother's and dad's family now and I don't believe any member of our relatives does not know that Old Sammy wants to be a Chrisitan, but this old guy is certainly not perfect. Moreover, they have shown some resentment for this Christian Conservative and resent his politics. Am I a phony then? I certainly hope not! I am glad Pastor Frank's grandson thought enough of the actions of his grandpa, rather than the fact that Pastor Frank stands out to my beautiful Jeanie and me as one of the best heart-felt sermon deliverers we have heard. We have also been privileged to be friends of so many excellent preacher friends. Sam Kegley Also, thanks to the wonderful friends of ours who have helped young Jeanie recover so well from her broken hip with their heart-felt wishes and prayers. Pastor Frank noticed that my girl was with me as we departed the parking lot, and came to our car and greeted her with more well-wishes. My favorite verse from Jesus' Sermon on the mount, in Matthew, has always been: Judge not ye that be not judged. I never mean to judge. But I believe I will see a lot of preachers and others who are our friends in Heaven, and I am happy that God let's us witness greatness among such Christians on earth as it is in Heaven. Reply Forward

No comments:

Blog Definition

On Line Blog Definition
Google-Blog Definitionblog, short for web log, an online, regularly updated journal or newsletter that is readily accessible to the general public by virtue of being posted on a website.