Welcome

Welcome to my blog http://www.skegley.blogspot.com/ . CAVEAT LECTOR- Let the reader beware. This is a Christian Conservative blog. It is not meant to offend anyone. Please feel free to ignore this blog, but also feel free to browse and comment on my posts! You may also scroll down to respond to any post.

For Christian American readers of this blog:


I wish to incite all Christians to rise up and take back the United States of America with all of God's manifold blessings. We want the free allowance of the Bible and prayers allowed again in schools, halls of justice, and all governing bodies. We don't seek a theocracy until Jesus returns to earth because all men are weak and power corrupts the very best of them.
We want to be a kinder and gentler people without slavery or condescension to any.

The world seems to be in a time of discontent among the populace. Christians should not fear. God is Love, shown best through Jesus Christ. God is still in control. All Glory to our Creator and to our God!


A favorite quote from my good friend, Jack Plymale, which I appreciate:

"Wars are planned by old men,in council rooms apart. They plan for greater armament, they map the battle chart, but: where sightless eyes stare out, beyond life's vanished joys, I've noticed,somehow, all the dead and mamed are hardly more than boys(Grantland Rice per our mutual friend, Sarah Rapp)."

Thanks Jack!

I must admit that I do not check authenticity of my posts. If anyone can tell me of a non-biased arbitrator, I will attempt to do so more regularly. I know of no such arbitrator for the internet.











Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Re-Doug Everman-Thanks Jim Kegley and Jack Plymale!

----- Original Message -----
From: Jack Plymale
To: Sam Kegley
Sent: Monday, January 03, 2011 23:14
Subject: Doug Everman=partner of your brother


Sam, my minds eye doesn't see the face of Doug real well, but it does see a real good left hand hook shot, but the Doug Evermen I remember was/is older than I am. Which would make him 12 to 15 years older than your brother. Same guy? Jack P.

--
Jack P.

--- On Tue, 1/4/11, Sam Kegley wrote:


From: Sam Kegley
Subject: Re: Doug Everman=partner of your brother
To: "Jack Plymale"
Cc: "Jim Kegley"
Date: Tuesday, January 4, 2011, 5:29 AM


Yes, I believe it is the same Doug Everman, Jack. He and Jim worked together at the Portsmouth Times, before they started the Scioto Voice. I think he played basketball with Del Rice and others at PHS in 1939 when they won a State Championship for the Trojans in bounceyball, as you call it. He left the Voice and started a weekly paper in Vanceburg, KY if I am not mistaken. You realize, of course, that I am sometimes mistaken. Maybe Jim will update us on the facts of the story.

Sam



Sam,

Doug was born in 1925, so he was 14-years older than I. After I quit the P-Times in 1967 to start the Keg Carry Out, Doug, was inspired to leave the Times also, and he leased The Greenup News in about1970, and began publishing it. He did real well, and then in 1972, after I left The Yellow Pages, as a salesman, I saw Doug at The Hamburger Inn in August, and that's when the plot to hatch a weekly newspaper in Wheelersburg was born. We started the newspaper in late December 1972. We published the first edition on February 8, 1973.
Doug was an outstanding basketball and baseball/softball player, and played with Rocky Nelon before Rocky transferred to West; Doug was a lefty. He was also the best advertising saleman The Times ever had. He ran The Greenup News until about 1978, when he left to work for The Ashland Daily Independent. I bought his interest in The Voice in 1977.

Jim

No comments:

Blog Definition

On Line Blog Definition
Google-Blog Definitionblog, short for web log, an online, regularly updated journal or newsletter that is readily accessible to the general public by virtue of being posted on a website.