Change for my pocket, Change for my heart

by Debbie Fisher Geno on Saturday, November 10, 2012 at 11:21am ·
Which shall I choose - Change for My Pocket , Change for My Heart.
 ( Inspired by a great teacher that brought this passage into light )

Carry me to The Gate Beautiful,
 For change is what I need.
I am crippled and helpless,
 For this promise of change I seek.

 Give me your alms of Silver,
Place your Gold into my hands.
I am unable to return it,
As I lie here upon the land.

You owe me something,
You know I’m unable to do.
My needs are never met,
And it's all because of you.

So, give me!  give me!
I want more than you can give.
And l will give to you in return,
Compromise and will to live.

Carry me to The Gate Beautiful,
I’m searching for the change I need.
I am crippled and helpless,
In search for wealth to set me free.

I sought, until the day I heard,
His voice spoke kind words into my ear.
“Silver and Gold, I have none”.
Truth  of change, He did share.

Looking toward my Savior’s voice,
my hands were filled once in for all.
 I confessed my selfishness and my sins,
Opening the gate I used as my stall.

So, stand up! Stand up!
Rise up with great strength and walk.
Change through Man, made me a beggar,
CHANGE through Jesus, gave me lasting stock.

Don't carry me back to The Gate Beautiful,
I don't  need to go there anymore.
Now I  have The Most Beautiful,
in my heart that's been restored.

Act 3:1-26

- Deb.G.
Like · · Share