Welcome

Welcome to my blog http://www.skegley.blogspot.com/ . CAVEAT LECTOR- Let the reader beware. This is a Christian Conservative blog. It is not meant to offend anyone. Please feel free to ignore this blog, but also feel free to browse and comment on my posts! You may also scroll down to respond to any post.

For Christian American readers of this blog:


I wish to incite all Christians to rise up and take back the United States of America with all of God's manifold blessings. We want the free allowance of the Bible and prayers allowed again in schools, halls of justice, and all governing bodies. We don't seek a theocracy until Jesus returns to earth because all men are weak and power corrupts the very best of them.
We want to be a kinder and gentler people without slavery or condescension to any.

The world seems to be in a time of discontent among the populace. Christians should not fear. God is Love, shown best through Jesus Christ. God is still in control. All Glory to our Creator and to our God!


A favorite quote from my good friend, Jack Plymale, which I appreciate:

"Wars are planned by old men,in council rooms apart. They plan for greater armament, they map the battle chart, but: where sightless eyes stare out, beyond life's vanished joys, I've noticed,somehow, all the dead and mamed are hardly more than boys(Grantland Rice per our mutual friend, Sarah Rapp)."

Thanks Jack!

I must admit that I do not check authenticity of my posts. If anyone can tell me of a non-biased arbitrator, I will attempt to do so more regularly. I know of no such arbitrator for the internet.











Friday, January 25, 2013

Chambliss bowing out- Good! ... Tea Party effect

Chambliss Bowing Out After Two Terms in Senate

Friday, 25 Jan 2013 01:12 PM
By Lisa Barron
Share:
More . . .
A    A   |
   Email Us   |
   Print   |
Republican Sen. Saxby Chambliss of Georgia, who angered the tea party by voting in favor of the fiscal cliff deal, is expected to announce that he will not seek re-election to a third term, according to a congressional aide who spoke with the Associated Press.

Chambliss was one of the Senate’s bipartisan “Gang of Six” working to reach a deficit reduction compromise. The group’s plan for a mix of tax increases and spending cuts did not gain enough support from senators in both parties to succeed.

Chambliss was elected to the House of Representatives in 1994 and became a senator in 2002 after defeating Democratic incumbent Max Cleland, a Vietnam War veteran and triple amputee, in a bitter campaign.

When asked about his plans for 2014 during an interview with Newsmax earlier this week, Chambliss offered no direct indication that he planned to leave office at the end of his second term. But he said, "I’m going through the same process I go through before every re-election cycle and look at the reasons why and why not. I’ve done this every time I’ve been up for re-election and I’ll continue to do that."

Chambliss set off threats of a tea party primary challenge with his efforts to reach a bipartisan compromise on controversial budget issues, which included a call for tax rate increases on the wealthy. Tea Party Express Chairwoman Amy Kremer delivered on those threats in a CNN interview on Jan. 3.

“I can tell you I live in the state of Georgia and Saxby Chambliss is going to be primaried,” she told CNN. “It’s unacceptable to have somebody who votes with the Democrats more than they do with the conservatives, and he has proven time and time again he’s all about the spending.”

In the Newsmax interview, Chambliss insisted he was not concerned about a challenge from within his own party.

“I don’t worry about that," he said. "What I do worry about is doing my job and doing what the people in my state want me to do, and that is to come to Washington to make the hard and tough decisions that, frankly, some of these people who are mentioned as running against me, obviously, have not been willing to make.”

Among those who have expressed an interest in challenging Chambliss are U.S. Reps. Tom Price and Paul Broun, both Republican doctors.

Conservative blogger Erick Erickson also has threatened to mount a primary challenge. After Chambliss dismissed concerns about violating Grover Norquist’s anti-tax pledge, Erickson, a Georgia native, told CNN, "Back in December of 2008, I wrote that Chambliss found himself in a runoff because he sided with every bad compromise from immigration to energy, to the farm bill to the bailouts.”


© 2013 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Blog Definition

On Line Blog Definition
Google-Blog Definitionblog, short for web log, an online, regularly updated journal or newsletter that is readily accessible to the general public by virtue of being posted on a website.