Welcome

Welcome to my blog http://www.skegley.blogspot.com/ . CAVEAT LECTOR- Let the reader beware. This is a Christian Conservative blog. It is not meant to offend anyone. Please feel free to ignore this blog, but also feel free to browse and comment on my posts! You may also scroll down to respond to any post.

For Christian American readers of this blog:


I wish to incite all Christians to rise up and take back the United States of America with all of God's manifold blessings. We want the free allowance of the Bible and prayers allowed again in schools, halls of justice, and all governing bodies. We don't seek a theocracy until Jesus returns to earth because all men are weak and power corrupts the very best of them.
We want to be a kinder and gentler people without slavery or condescension to any.

The world seems to be in a time of discontent among the populace. Christians should not fear. God is Love, shown best through Jesus Christ. God is still in control. All Glory to our Creator and to our God!


A favorite quote from my good friend, Jack Plymale, which I appreciate:

"Wars are planned by old men,in council rooms apart. They plan for greater armament, they map the battle chart, but: where sightless eyes stare out, beyond life's vanished joys, I've noticed,somehow, all the dead and mamed are hardly more than boys(Grantland Rice per our mutual friend, Sarah Rapp)."

Thanks Jack!

I must admit that I do not check authenticity of my posts. If anyone can tell me of a non-biased arbitrator, I will attempt to do so more regularly. I know of no such arbitrator for the internet.











Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Congratulations Dawood! SamKat

Dawood Khan

NO REGRETS

In Afghanistan, culture on October 25, 2012 at 12:01 am
COMING SOON TO A BOOKSTORE NEAR YOU!

The Book is written.  Currently, it is undergoing an editing, validation and revision process.
When I first started writing this book, I thought it would be a difficult process.  I read a couple of hundred biographies, memoirs and other accounts of current events.  I collected my notes.  I wrote down thoughts and ideas.  I attended writing seminars and read books on writing.
When I finally sat down to write, it was a challenge.  First, I didn’t know where to start.  Should I start from the beginning.  Should I write what came to me.  Should I start with what came to mind.
I decided to write “out of order.”  Meaning that I wrote what popped up first.  Later, I put together an outline and started to place the pieces in chronological order.
The Amazing part of writing this book was that once I got into it, the flood gates opened.  I started to remember events and experiences that I’d not thought about in years.
The book is essentially about my years mentoring the Afghan National Police.  How we did it.  What we did.  What went right.  What went wrong.
That didn’t seem enough, though.  I felt that I could not simply start in Afghanistan in 2007.  People would ask; “How did he get there?”  What made him qualified to train Afghan Police?”  “How did he get the job?”  “What was the process by which he was hired?”
I added a preface of sorts.  The years leading up to my being hired to train and mentor Afghans.
After all, these are valid questions.  I was mentoring Senior Afghan Police officials on Logistics processes that would lead to a professionalization of their force.  If….IF we did it right.
And that’s what the book is about.
Everything that went down.  Who I trained.  How they accepted that training.  Corruption.  Murder.  Violence.  Kidnapping and Ransom.  Brigands and Fiends.  Friendship and Laughter.  Rockets and Bombs.  Scandals.   The people and places.  The life and “adventures” of working  with the Afghan National Police.
I’ll start shopping the book to Agents in mid-November.  But if anyone reads this and is interested, please do not hesitate to drop an inquiry.

“the free soul is rare, but you know it when you see it – basically because you feel good, very good, when you are near or with them.”
Charles Bukowski, Tales of Ordinary Madness
The road to truth is long, and lined the entire way with annoying bastards
I love you when you bow in your mosque,
kneel in your temple,
pray in your church.
For you and I are sons of one religion,
and it is the spirit.

Kahlil Gibran


No comments:

Blog Definition

On Line Blog Definition
Google-Blog Definitionblog, short for web log, an online, regularly updated journal or newsletter that is readily accessible to the general public by virtue of being posted on a website.