Welcome

Welcome to my blog http://www.skegley.blogspot.com/ . CAVEAT LECTOR- Let the reader beware. This is a Christian Conservative blog. It is not meant to offend anyone. Please feel free to ignore this blog, but also feel free to browse and comment on my posts! You may also scroll down to respond to any post.

For Christian American readers of this blog:


I wish to incite all Christians to rise up and take back the United States of America with all of God's manifold blessings. We want the free allowance of the Bible and prayers allowed again in schools, halls of justice, and all governing bodies. We don't seek a theocracy until Jesus returns to earth because all men are weak and power corrupts the very best of them.
We want to be a kinder and gentler people without slavery or condescension to any.

The world seems to be in a time of discontent among the populace. Christians should not fear. God is Love, shown best through Jesus Christ. God is still in control. All Glory to our Creator and to our God!


A favorite quote from my good friend, Jack Plymale, which I appreciate:

"Wars are planned by old men,in council rooms apart. They plan for greater armament, they map the battle chart, but: where sightless eyes stare out, beyond life's vanished joys, I've noticed,somehow, all the dead and mamed are hardly more than boys(Grantland Rice per our mutual friend, Sarah Rapp)."

Thanks Jack!

I must admit that I do not check authenticity of my posts. If anyone can tell me of a non-biased arbitrator, I will attempt to do so more regularly. I know of no such arbitrator for the internet.











Monday, November 23, 2015

from Two Intelligent ladies ... Thx Marge Na Nana!

GOOD CHRISTMAS TREE (Sobering Thought)
 

    Subject: Re: Fw: GOOD CHRISTMAS TREE     (Sobering)


 
    Apparently the  White House referred to Christmas Trees as 
    Holiday Trees for the first time these past few years,  which 
    prompted CBS presenter, Steven Levy, to present this piece
    which I would like to share with you. I think it applies just as 
    much to many countries as it does to America.

     I Only  hope we find GOD again before it is too  late!!
 
     The  following was written by Steven Levy and recited by him 
     on CBS  Sunday Morning Commentary.
 
    My  confession:  
   I don't like getting  pushed around for being a Jew, and I don't 
   think Christians like  getting pushed around for being Christians. 
   I think people who  believe in God are sick and tired of getting
   pushed around, period.  I have no idea where the concept came
   from, that America is an explicitly  atheist country.  I can't find it
in the Constitution and I don't  like it being shoved down my throat.
 
   Or maybe I can put it  another way: where did the idea come from
   that we should worship  celebrities and we aren't allowed to
   worship God as we understand Him? I guess that's a sign that
   I'm getting old, too. But there are  a lot of us who are  wondering
where these celebrities came from and  where the America we knew 
   went  to.

   In light of the many  jokes we send to one another for a laugh,
   this is a little  different:
   This is not intended to be a joke; it's not funny, it's  intended to 
   get you thinking.    In  light of recent events... terrorists attack, 
   school shootings, etc..   I think it started when Madeleine Murray 
   O'Hare (she was murdered,  her body found a few years ago) 
   complained she didn't want prayer in  our schools, and we said OK. 
   Then someone said you better not read  the Bible in school... 
  The Bible says thou shalt not kill; thou shalt not steal, and love your
   neighbor as yourself.   And we said  OK.

   Then  Dr. Steven Benjamin Spock said we shouldn't spank our
   children when they misbehave, because their little personalities
   would be warped  and we might damage their  self-esteem

(Dr. Spock's son committed  suicide). We said an expert should
know what he's talking about..  And we said okay..

   Now we're asking  ourselves why our children have no conscience, 
   why they don't know  right from wrong, and why it doesn't bother 
   them to kill strangers, their classmates, and themselves.
   Probably, if we think  about it long and hard enough, we can figure
   it out.
   I think it has  a great deal to do with 'WE REAP WHAT WE  SOW.'

   Funny how simple it is  for people to trash God and then wonder 
   why the world's going to  hell.
   Funny how we believe what the newspapers say,   but question
   what the Bible says.    
   Funny how you can send 'jokes' through  E-mail  and they spread
   like wildfire, but when you start sending messages regarding 
   the Lord, people think twice about sharing.
   Funny how  lewd, crude, vulgar and obscene articles pass freely 
   through  cyberspace, but public discussion of God is suppressed 
   in the school  and workplace.

    Are you laughing  yet?

    Funny  how when you forward this message, you will not send it 
    to many on your address list because you're not sure what they 
    believe, or what  they will think of you for sending it.
 
    Funny  how we can be more worried about what other people 
    think of us than what God thinks of us.        Funny isn't it!
 

No comments:

Blog Definition

On Line Blog Definition
Google-Blog Definitionblog, short for web log, an online, regularly updated journal or newsletter that is readily accessible to the general public by virtue of being posted on a website.