Welcome

Welcome to my blog http://www.skegley.blogspot.com/ . CAVEAT LECTOR- Let the reader beware. This is a Christian Conservative blog. It is not meant to offend anyone. Please feel free to ignore this blog, but also feel free to browse and comment on my posts! You may also scroll down to respond to any post.

For Christian American readers of this blog:


I wish to incite all Christians to rise up and take back the United States of America with all of God's manifold blessings. We want the free allowance of the Bible and prayers allowed again in schools, halls of justice, and all governing bodies. We don't seek a theocracy until Jesus returns to earth because all men are weak and power corrupts the very best of them.
We want to be a kinder and gentler people without slavery or condescension to any.

The world seems to be in a time of discontent among the populace. Christians should not fear. God is Love, shown best through Jesus Christ. God is still in control. All Glory to our Creator and to our God!


A favorite quote from my good friend, Jack Plymale, which I appreciate:

"Wars are planned by old men,in council rooms apart. They plan for greater armament, they map the battle chart, but: where sightless eyes stare out, beyond life's vanished joys, I've noticed,somehow, all the dead and mamed are hardly more than boys(Grantland Rice per our mutual friend, Sarah Rapp)."

Thanks Jack!

I must admit that I do not check authenticity of my posts. If anyone can tell me of a non-biased arbitrator, I will attempt to do so more regularly. I know of no such arbitrator for the internet.











Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Miss America "I'm defined by God" OneNews.com

New Miss America says God gives her a purpose

Associated Press - 1/18/2011 10:25:00 AM

LAS VEGAS - The newly-crowned Miss America, 17-year-old Teresa Scanlan, is a mostly home-schooled Christian who pointed heavenward when she was announced as the winner Saturday night.











According to the new Miss America, she wasn't the only Christian contestant in this year's pageant. "We know why we're here and what we're doing," said Scanlan, "and we have a passion for it because we know it's what God wants us to do. And so every person that I meet I know God has a reason why I'm meeting them. I just want to embrace that as much as I can this year."





Scanlan told reporters that she and other Christian contestants had been at peace waiting for the judges' decision, confident that it was ultimately in God's hands. "We knew that whatever happened is His plan," she shared. "And so whether I won or not, I just knew that the right person would be in the right place. So I guess I'm in the right place -- and now I'm just so excited to see what He has in store."







She says she and many of her fellow contestants are purpose-driven Christians. "Many of the girls who made it very high [in the competition] had a strong faith because that shows...the substance and purpose behind what we're doing -- and that's why we're driven."







The former Miss Nebraska said she believes her faith was an advantage in the competition, since she didn't have to think through and sort out her convictions beforehand. Scanlan said, "That's the whole purpose behind who I am. I'm defined by what God has created me to be."





After her year as Miss America, Scanlan plans to attend Patrick Henry College -- a Christian school in Virginia -- where she'll study government and work toward a career in law or politics.

No comments:

Blog Definition

On Line Blog Definition
Google-Blog Definitionblog, short for web log, an online, regularly updated journal or newsletter that is readily accessible to the general public by virtue of being posted on a website.