Welcome

Welcome to my blog http://www.skegley.blogspot.com/ . CAVEAT LECTOR- Let the reader beware. This is a Christian Conservative blog. It is not meant to offend anyone. Please feel free to ignore this blog, but also feel free to browse and comment on my posts! You may also scroll down to respond to any post.

For Christian American readers of this blog:


I wish to incite all Christians to rise up and take back the United States of America with all of God's manifold blessings. We want the free allowance of the Bible and prayers allowed again in schools, halls of justice, and all governing bodies. We don't seek a theocracy until Jesus returns to earth because all men are weak and power corrupts the very best of them.
We want to be a kinder and gentler people without slavery or condescension to any.

The world seems to be in a time of discontent among the populace. Christians should not fear. God is Love, shown best through Jesus Christ. God is still in control. All Glory to our Creator and to our God!


A favorite quote from my good friend, Jack Plymale, which I appreciate:

"Wars are planned by old men,in council rooms apart. They plan for greater armament, they map the battle chart, but: where sightless eyes stare out, beyond life's vanished joys, I've noticed,somehow, all the dead and mamed are hardly more than boys(Grantland Rice per our mutual friend, Sarah Rapp)."

Thanks Jack!

I must admit that I do not check authenticity of my posts. If anyone can tell me of a non-biased arbitrator, I will attempt to do so more regularly. I know of no such arbitrator for the internet.











Tuesday, January 18, 2011

More Portsmouth basketball and Cincinnati sports

Thanks Doug Brooke!




I am tutoring at CSCC this quarter on Mondays and Thursdays from 12 to 4. That will cut out my LAD meetings, but I miss seeing you and all of the great Denison people. We all have seen upsets such as the Middies losing to Columbus North in the Ohio State A semi-finals. North lost to a Cleveland team the next and final game. Heartbreak Highway in tournament time.



Sam

----- Original Message -----

From: Doug Brooke

To: Sam Kegley

Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2011 10:26

Subject: Remembering Jerry Lucas--reply from Doug





Hi Sam:



I enjoy your reminisces about PHS, KY, and other sports topics. Being in the Western Hills HS (Cincinnati) class of 1955 I recall some of the names mentioned and of course Jerry Lucas.



When it was mentioned PHS lost to Cin. Hughes in 1955, I wondered why. Hadn't Robin Freeman left for OSU by then? I played bb for Western Hills (not particularily well) as 6th or 7th man and sort of recall Hughes was not that good in 1955. I recall a black player for Hughes named Blackstone who gave me an intentional elbow in the ribs and I told him if he did it again I'd knock his head off. He didn't.



I recall Curt Gentry, but am not sure in which sport. Did he play anything in College?



I have a minor association with UK. My uncle by marriage--Harold Wetzel started the UK School of Social Work and was it's chairman for many years. I used to visit them as a child (and later as an adult). They lived on Sycamore--down the street from the Henry Clay home.



We watched the Big 10 Icon Jerry Lucas program yesterday and enjoyed it. He came to Ohio State when I was a Junior and was quite a player--even better than I remembered. How many points would he have scored if he wasn't just as happy passing off to someone else? His rebounding was incredible also. I may recall a few more memories later.



Thursday is our Lads Luncheon. Come and bring Jeanie if you can.



Doug

No comments:

Blog Definition

On Line Blog Definition
Google-Blog Definitionblog, short for web log, an online, regularly updated journal or newsletter that is readily accessible to the general public by virtue of being posted on a website.