Welcome

Welcome to my blog http://www.skegley.blogspot.com/ . CAVEAT LECTOR- Let the reader beware. This is a Christian Conservative blog. It is not meant to offend anyone. Please feel free to ignore this blog, but also feel free to browse and comment on my posts! You may also scroll down to respond to any post.

For Christian American readers of this blog:


I wish to incite all Christians to rise up and take back the United States of America with all of God's manifold blessings. We want the free allowance of the Bible and prayers allowed again in schools, halls of justice, and all governing bodies. We don't seek a theocracy until Jesus returns to earth because all men are weak and power corrupts the very best of them.
We want to be a kinder and gentler people without slavery or condescension to any.

The world seems to be in a time of discontent among the populace. Christians should not fear. God is Love, shown best through Jesus Christ. God is still in control. All Glory to our Creator and to our God!


A favorite quote from my good friend, Jack Plymale, which I appreciate:

"Wars are planned by old men,in council rooms apart. They plan for greater armament, they map the battle chart, but: where sightless eyes stare out, beyond life's vanished joys, I've noticed,somehow, all the dead and mamed are hardly more than boys(Grantland Rice per our mutual friend, Sarah Rapp)."

Thanks Jack!

I must admit that I do not check authenticity of my posts. If anyone can tell me of a non-biased arbitrator, I will attempt to do so more regularly. I know of no such arbitrator for the internet.











Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Re- Paul Walker and Jerry Lucas- Jack H Plymale

Portsmouthites special:
 
Jeanie and I had a joyous weekend in Lexington, Jack.  I am strictly amazed at our love for one another.  She is a good, as well as, a beautiful lady!
 
Sam, one of my favorite jokes is about a couple celebrating their golden anniversary. The groom was telling his best buddy about the plans. Same town,same hotel,even the same room. His wife had even stolen a menu from the restaurant and the hotel assured them that they would have the same meal. Everything exactly the same. He tells his buddy,the next time they meet His buddy says are you sure there was no difference. The groom admitted that there was one small difference. His buddy,"uhuh. I thought there might be,what was it.?????????????????? The groom,"THIS TIME I WENT IN THE BATHROOM AND CRIED.",,,,,,,,,,,, It tells a lot better than it reads, Sam. You see the punch line early.    Jack P,
--
Jack P.
 
 
 
sam,Glad you mentioned Jerry Lucas. We kidded Walker for years about going to Kentucky with a job offer for Jerry Lucas's dad at Armco in Middletown and we were just half way kidding. I forget the win streak record numbers he had. almost all when Lucas was there. I remember ( rightly or wrongly)they won 76 in a row. Lost one then won 29 in a row.He to
On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 2:45 PM, Sam Kegley <skegley@columbus.rr.com> wrote:
I believe it could be, Jack.  If the roads converge to bring on UK and OSU, I willl want to see Matta go down, down, down, even though I am an Ohio boy. 
 
Jerry Lucas was a sophomore with a bunch of others when they went to Lexington to play the Cats.  I was a huge Lucas fan and saw him break Chamberlain's HS career scoring record in Portsmouth.   I played outdoor and YMCA pick up games with fellow Kentucky students and I had to go back down there during Christmas break to witness the OSU-UK game.  OSU led by 15 at the half and I was looking for my UK bkb friends at halftime.  I am glad I did not find them then, because Taylor foolheartedly   turned his thouroughbreds loose on the Wildcats.  Coach Rupp's  poorly matched squad came back in the second half and sent the Buckeyes back to Columbus with a loss.  We met agaion in LUVL in the NCAA's and OSU won before they went on to win the NCAA ion 1960.  With another coach, OSU could have had three NCAA's in a row, but lost to a better coach with and undermatched team, Ed Jucker at Cincinnati.
 
SamKat
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, January 17, 2011 15:22
Subject: Kentucky--------------------------------------------------------------------------------LSU

Sam I hope your marraige celebration was more exciting than the basketball game.Could it possibly be that the best college basketball team in the nation is right there in your hometown------------------------------------------- Nnnnnnnnnnnaaaaaaaawwwwwwwww.
Jack P.

No comments:

Blog Definition

On Line Blog Definition
Google-Blog Definitionblog, short for web log, an online, regularly updated journal or newsletter that is readily accessible to the general public by virtue of being posted on a website.